Not open for further replies.

Eindride

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, is it possible to make the skill message from the general settings menu appear in sideview battle? I'm using Yanfly Battle Engine.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 5

HarlekinLehl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This perhaps?
It would make it so that instead of just showing "Wind Veil" on top of your screen, it shows whatever text you put in the note tag. I don't think you can use the message window in the editor in side view. The result is pretty much the same tho.
1624437881598.png

Found on the documentary on the website. http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Battle_Engine_Core_(YEP)

Last edited:

Eindride

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works but the message doesn't say who used the skill. That's better than nothing though, thanks.

HarlekinLehl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why would you need the name in the window tho? In side view you can SEE who is using the skill, no?

The whole point of the front view message window is because you can't see who is doing what.

Eindride

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted it to be like in pokemon, but I guess that works too.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
YEP_BattleEngineCore has a plugin parameter called Show Action Text. By default it's set to false, i.e. show action name only. Double-click it to change the value~

(Remember to save your project to apply Plugin Manager changes before testing.)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Some people have too strong of an opinion about what maker is the best, I've seen discussions like:
- I prefer VXAce because I like the style of the RTP better than the older releases
- You're worse than Hitler
My number one take away from this game jam is to make small games that are as polished and bug free as possible. Far less dev time, and if the game flops, it matters less because my time investment is much lower. Also, whatever ambitions I have... aim for about 10% of them. They are clearly too high, and will involve stuff that likely won't matter.
I'm finally back! :kaojoy:
A lot of RL issues happened this year which didn't let me work on Aithne as much, but I am back with new inspiration!
In that time my art style also changed a little, so I'll be doing a small art change with busts/menu art
Ops forgot to fix the hand on the weaponless sprite o_O
opening old GIMP files is a blessing and a curse because it can be fun to look at art you started once upon a time and want to finish BUT come to a total halt when you remember your past self forgot to create separate layers for most files

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yahwahoo