Display State Turns On Icon

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by DreamX, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Vendon

Vendon LVL 255 Veteran

First Language:
    German, English

Hello. The number is shown but it doesn't get smaller. I am using a skill which gives the player 10 % more ATK but no matter how many turns, it's still shows 3 on the Icon shown.

2. Roguedeus

Roguedeus It's never too late to procrastinate... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Here is the error. It occurs when applying a state with duration out of battle.

Its happening due to the added fix I posted about to get a clean turn count.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'toFixed' of undefined at Window_MenuActor.Window_Base.drawActorIcons (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/LOL_VisibleStateTurns.js:80) at Window_MenuActor.Window_Base.drawActorSimpleStatus (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1281)As for the intermittent issue about displaying the wrong number of turns. It might be an ATB thing. Something about the moment a buff is applied, it takes a fraction of a turn to update the duration on the state icon. It sometimes goes blank, and then re-appears. I have not seen it happen to states. Only buffs/debuffs.

Unfortunately since there is no hard error I can't point you to the culprit.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
  3. DreamX

DreamX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    After running some tests this appears to be fixed in the latest update. The latest update also fixes the decimal problem with Yanfly's ATB. You can also choose how decimal places you want to show.

Which battle system are you using?

4. Roguedeus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It works great!

I didn't realize the plugin had been updated... I hope I didn't waste your time. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
    DreamX likes this.
  5. DreamX

DreamX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    No not at all, I updated after I read your post, not before :)

6. Vendon

Vendon LVL 255 Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Yanfly Battle engine :D atb

7. DreamX

DreamX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am not able to reproduce the error you are getting. Can you be more specific about the skill and state you are using? Is it a buff? Are you still getting this error with the latest version of Yanfly's plugin, and also this plugin? Is this plugin under Yanfly's plugin?

8. Vendon

Vendon LVL 255 Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    It's not really an error it's more showing wrong turn numbers well actualy it shows the correct turn but it doesn't get smaller (count down) and yes I am using the latest Yanfly Plugins. It's a buff (State) which increases ATK by 10 percent.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
  9. Roguedeus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yanfly's turns can be confusing. Some will count down in real time some will only count down on the end of actions, etc...

Have you set any of the plugin turns to not use ticks? Or are the states in question set to per action rather than per turn?

DreamX likes this.
  10. Vendon

Vendon LVL 255 Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    They are set for turns 3 of 3 turns till they have to be vanished. And not sure what you mean by using ticks or not. ^^

11. Roguedeus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    If you access the plugin parameters on Yanflys Battle Core and ATB System, you'll find them here:

(You'll see how I increased the turn tick count as well)

15_1125a.PNG

15_1125b.PNG

12. Neo Soul Gamer

Neo Soul Gamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just thought of something. Since we have an indicator of how many turns are remaining, would it be possible to make an add-on that allows you to reduce the remaining turns on a state? For example, enemy A is inflicted with poison and has three turns remaining before it is removed. But a skill can bring the remaining turns down to two. 

13. Roguedeus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Something tells me that Yanfly will eventually get to remaking the Buff & State Manager for MV. State turn manipulation via actions and equips was the central mechanic.

As to when it will get made? No clue. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  14. Vendon

Vendon LVL 255 Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    I did that and am having weird fast numbers now. http://i64.tinypic.com/w9b5g1.png am not allowed to post my picture from pc so here's a link

15. Roguedeus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    First, if its not, make sure that this plugin is one of the last in your list (especially under Yanfly's stuff). And make sure its the most updated version. It should be rounding those numbers by the plugin parameter you choose. I use 1 decimal.

You'll also need to adjust the ticks per turn to get the duration timing you want (stop turns from passing to fast). I went with a 480 ticks turn time because it felt the best. (Shown in the pics above)

You also need to adjust the ATB Speed Bar sizes. Here are mine.

(To me, it feels best if the turn time is just about twice the FULL GAUGE multiple)

Initial Speed:Math.max(1100 + Math.random() * 201, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * (110 + Math.random() * 21))Full Gauge:Math.max(2400, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 240)Charge Gauge:Math.max(1440, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 144)I prefer a random element to the starting speed, that way only seriously specialized actors can guarantee they will always act first.

Try poking the settings until you get what feels best for you.

16. Vendon

Vendon LVL 255 Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    OK I had worked with this for around an hour now and it's just not sets the battle well. If I turn the Tick settings on true many numbers will show up which are not possible to read and sometimes the buff even dissappears before the next turn even starts. So I have turned off the tick sections to false. It works but a buff with 3 turns ends at 2 turns left after using skill and the turn of actor is done automatically ofcourse. This also takes one turn at the start of the skill has been used. And if I change the buff for actions the number from 3 doesn't even count down. I hope this will be fixed or I just have to put like 6 turns and it will show 6 after using the skill it'll show 5 so I'll have 5 turns then. Sry for my bad english.

17. DreamX

DreamX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Please post screenshots of the skill you are using and your plugin list. I have tested various states and buffs in the way you have described but I am not able to reproduce the problems you are having.

This is probably a problem with how Yanfly ATB does the turns. My plugin never affects when a buff or state ends. The only thing it does is display the turns left for a state or buff, which is controlled by the database and whatever battle system you are using. In other words, it only displays text. If you are noticing that states or buffs are ending before you think they should, it is a problem with the battle system you are using or something else other than this plugin. Maybe you can ask Yanfly about your turn problems and they can also look at my plugin to see if there is any conflict.

Vendon likes this.
  18. Vendon

Vendon LVL 255 Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Yes that might be right that Yanflys battle engine works alittle bit different with turns that it also counts for 1 turn by using the skill before the buff actually is activated. And I am using to many plugins to post a picture of it. Also I am not allowed to post a picture here. If I try a message appears and tells me that I am not allowed. Not sure why. Have posted few pictures before though.

But I also asume that the problem is in the battle plugin itself because if I change something, the shown number also changes. Not sure about that.

DreamX likes this.
  19. Iliketea

Iliketea Tea lover Veteran

First Language:
    German
    This is really usefull!!

DreamX likes this.
  20. DreamX

DreamX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I updated. The plugin now has parameters to adjust the font size and position of the text.

Thank you!

MikeMakes likes this.