display sun ray picture without interupting autorun

bighoncho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I use event "show picture" to display a sun ray picture on upper left corner of the map and set it as "parallel"
on map1 but when my character transfer to other maps, the sun ray picture is still displaying.. why is that? the other
maps does not have the show picture event on them. I tried using self switch to remove it but it didn't work.

Also, since I have show picture event set on parallel on map1 ..what if at a later stage I wish to do some "autorun"
event on map1 with tinted screen, the run ray is still there, i tried erase picture but it didn't remove the sun ray.

I am thinking what is the best solution to show a sun ray on a map but not drag it onto other maps and does not
interrupt with autorun event as well?

Thanks in Advance!

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using pictures for stuff like that isnt very efficient.
When you use the show picture command, changing maps wont erase the picture, you have to do it manually.
For things like sun rays its much better to set up a parallax layer with some plugin.
Another good solution for details like that is yanfly grid free doodads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.
I'm sorry about earlier. I have the most hate and the most love for my art at the same time. Felt bad about my thread because I wasn't listening, and because I made it out of a bad mindset to begin with. S'another Thursday for me.

The main character of the book)
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scrollstorm