displaying enemy TP in battle

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If I want enemies to be able to use powerful TP-based skills, in addition to the players, it seems natural to me to let the player see how much TP enemies have in battle. Whether it be through a TP bar, or less ideally, a way to view it when pressing a button in target selection.

Anyone know if there's a plugin or way to display enemy TP in battle? I have the free visustella plugins and searched the plugin forums but can't seem to find anything for what I figured would be a common feature. Thank you in advance for any help.

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not aware of any that will show TP as a gauge. In fact, for MZ, I'm not aware of any plugins, right now, that will show you basic enemy info.

You could make an enemy scan skill (so that's not JUST showing TP), which calls a common event that pops up a window showing various enemy stats, including TP. Most of those stats should actually be available via the set Variable event command. TP *might* not be on the list, but you can definitely get at it with a script call. You could then use the VS message core to format and color code the text...

It's kind of a pain, but until someone ports yanfly's libra plugin, or makes something similar, that's where we're at. If libra doesn't get ported, I'll eventually have to write it myself :LZYyum:

defective42

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
AkeaCustomGauges can display enemy gauges in battle. Can display TP gauge with a simple script call.

In gauge configuration:

For tp you would use:
| Maximum Gauge Value > 100
| Variable Gauge Value > this._battler.tp

Last edited:

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
haha. well, I stand corrected, awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheesepot