RMMV Disqualified vs Failed screening vs Did not pass quality standards?

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by Frogboy, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Lord Kuro

Lord Kuro Villager Member

That's exactly the type of feedback I've been looking for. It didn't occur to me that players might look for trash there because that's where the worker went to get more food (it's actually supposed to be a walk in freezer, but I ended up not having time to label non plot related items so it isn't very obvious), and at least in my head it would be bizarre for a restaurant to keep food and trash in the same place. Thanks! I also thought I fixed the passability on the dumpster, but after checking it seems I fixed it on the wrong tileset.:kaosigh: As for the DQ notice, it would have been much more understandable/less disappointing if it had included something along the lines of "and the game has other issues that make it not up to contest standards" or whatever.

2. PKLpikachu

PKLpikachu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If you want to play any RPG Maker game (other than ones made with MV), the machine you're playing on has to have that respective RPG Maker version's RTP installed in order for it to deploy.

Frogboy likes this.
  3. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    While I know it is annoying to not get precise feedback from the judges, remember that they have a LOT of games to play through, and it is hard if not impossible for them to write up detailed feedback for every single game. In 2014 there were over 500 games in the IGMC. 2015 had I think over 700. Just writing up detailed feedback in 2015's contest (assuming 700 entries), if they took 30 minutes per game to do that, would easily take 350 hours (175 hours if they cut it to 15 minutes per game, which is still over a week of nothing but writing feedback as there's only 168 hours in a week!), and that is just on feedback writing.

Honestly, if you want detailed feedback on the entry, you are better off seeking other contestants and getting them to play your game. That's what I did with my entry in 2014, and by the time the judging was over I had so much feedback that I didn't need the judges anymore as it was so outdated.

Archeia, Llareian, Indrah and 2 others like this.