RMMV Disqualified vs Failed screening vs Did not pass quality standards?

Lord Kuro

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
A passibility issue can make it harder to find the right event, especially when you have things like being able to walk on all tiles of the garbage and it might not be obvious to someone who does that early on that it was the garbage referred to.

How do I know, for example, that https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?attachments/upload_2017-12-24_23-14-24-png.78849/ was not the garbage mentioned? Especially considering that if I walked to the outside garbage first, I would have been able to walk on all the tiles, giving no information that those were supposed to be interacted with? Instead, I might have seen the worker go into that room and assumed that I was supposed to go there next.

Also, it wasn't just walls. It was just about everything. You have random invisible walls and random things that are passable.

Events aren't cleaned up. For example, when you enter her home, the blood triggers an event. Leave, then return, the blood triggers the event again. Things like that. Or you talk to the worker after the manager is in his office and he is still talking about the previous event.

With all the issues, you probably would have failed screening even if the judge (whether it was me or someone else) had found the item.
That's exactly the type of feedback I've been looking for. It didn't occur to me that players might look for trash there because that's where the worker went to get more food (it's actually supposed to be a walk in freezer, but I ended up not having time to label non plot related items so it isn't very obvious), and at least in my head it would be bizarre for a restaurant to keep food and trash in the same place. Thanks! I also thought I fixed the passability on the dumpster, but after checking it seems I fixed it on the wrong tileset.:kaosigh: As for the DQ notice, it would have been much more understandable/less disappointing if it had included something along the lines of "and the game has other issues that make it not up to contest standards" or whatever.

PKLpikachu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bonus question: What does "did not include RTP" mean? Is this only relevant to older RPG Makers? Do they deploy without the RTP files or something?
If you want to play any RPG Maker game (other than ones made with MV), the machine you're playing on has to have that respective RPG Maker version's RTP installed in order for it to deploy.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
While I know it is annoying to not get precise feedback from the judges, remember that they have a LOT of games to play through, and it is hard if not impossible for them to write up detailed feedback for every single game. In 2014 there were over 500 games in the IGMC. 2015 had I think over 700. Just writing up detailed feedback in 2015's contest (assuming 700 entries), if they took 30 minutes per game to do that, would easily take 350 hours (175 hours if they cut it to 15 minutes per game, which is still over a week of nothing but writing feedback as there's only 168 hours in a week!), and that is just on feedback writing.

Honestly, if you want detailed feedback on the entry, you are better off seeking other contestants and getting them to play your game. That's what I did with my entry in 2014, and by the time the judging was over I had so much feedback that I didn't need the judges anymore as it was so outdated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:
And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaovn88com