Disrupting Fate (Demo available!)

StitchesOD

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone!

My name is Ryan and believe it or not this is my very first post on the forums! (I'm headed to introductions after this <_<)

I purchased RPG Maker VX ace a few weeks ago during the steam summer sale and have hardly been able to put it down.

I wanted to post what I had created so far and see what everyone thought of my first attempt at a project!

I'll update this page as I have content to add.       

Story:

The story is pretty typical for an RPG of this graphical style...a group of ragtag and unassuming heroes find themselves in the middle of a plot where the very world hangs in the balance...and only they can save it! I'm really trying to focus on the development of my major characters at this point in time as they are what make or break any game!

Characters:

As of this point in time I've only dreamt up 3 of my potential 8-12 playable characters (exact number to vary)

Phlec: Games protagonist and knight of Kaiser castle. Has natural talent in combat but he knows it and it makes him cocky.

Elric: Long time friend of Phlec and also a Kaiser knight. Unlike Phlec, Elric is more reserved and less straightforward.

Alice: I don't want to say too much about her for now as spoilers would be afoot!

Progress:

Even this early into the project I can already tell what the major pain points of the project are going to be. All of the character sprites and portraits I'm using are stock, all of the enemies I'm using are stock, and all of the skills I'm using are stock (save for I think 2). I will eventually be making original sprites and skins for all of my characters which I'm sure I'll be extremely picky about. At some point I would like to create a much more in depth battle and skill system that makes each character bring something unique to the table as opposed to having blank slates that can be written on with whatever the player chooses. I think the biggest trail though will be making the battles scale so they're never too easy or too hard...but I think I'm up for it!

Screen shots!

I know as of now my text synopsis kind of sucks but I do have a demo prepared that has roughly 45 minutes-1 hour of playable content! Please let me know what you think! If it sucks I can take it....probably :p

The forums seem like a great place and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

-Ryan

Disrupting Fate Demo:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3rj5mmbl6ujcu1t/Disrupting_Fate_Demo.exe

RTP file

(If you already have the stock RTP file for VX ace installed this doesn't bring anything new to the table.)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nq55bkk2buwly4r/RPGVXAce.rarhttp://www.mediafire.com/download/nq55bkk2buwly4r/RPGVXAce.rar

Last edited by a moderator:

Spanky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No pictures?  :3

StitchesOD

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I spent all the time I would've used posting pictures to finalize the demo. :p Expect some pictures in the next day or so.

The download links were messed up so I fixed 'em.

SleetyHalfling

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Stitches - welcome to the fold.

I don't seem to be able to do anything after the intro cutscene - I can't enter the mine, or talk to any of the villagers! I could walk around on the roof of most of the buildings though ;)

Also i couldn't see any characters other than the king and the hooded guy before the initial fight with him. Should i have been able to see my characters?

Sorry my feedback is limited as i couldn't do much at this stage BD

Does it work OK when you playtest it?

Sleety

StitchesOD

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh man I'm such a noob. I had changed my player spawn to test an event I had made and never changed it back before I packaged it into the demo. The proper link is up and should be working...I'd appreciate if you gave it another shot! Also I'm assuming you're talking about the desert town? Yeah it's not complete and you're not even supposed to be able to access it in the demo.

The place I had you spawn into that you just played is literally the last scene of the demo...that's probably why you were confused :p

Sorry about that.

P.S. The end of the playable content is when you hit the desert.

Screenshots added!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!
*FurAffinity is down*
*Sets house on fire*
This is fine.
How do you delete your own stupid thread here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
etiennasse