Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey all,

Some time ago, I decided not to package my sample projects with ALL the default assets (images, audio, etc.) but only the files I needed. My community members then had to manually create a fresh new project, close RPG Maker, copy-paste my stuff into it, and open RPG Maker again. Well, it works for both MV and MZ!

Whereas this flow was efficient for me, as I don't have to upload an MV and MZ version, it also confuses many of my community members.

TL;DR
I made a batch file that automatically sets up a new RPG Maker project with the engine my community member can choose and inserts my stuff into it. One click and they have my Sample Project ready to open in RPG Maker!

I think this batch can also be a helpful time-saver for other people. I primarily made it for other Devs who wanted to distribute their Sample project and save memory space by leaving out the RTP. But maybe, we can extend the batch file to make it even more flexible.

I'm open to any pull requests, as right now, it only works when RPG Maker is installed with Steam.

link: https://github.com/mkampermann/rpgmaker-bats

Cheers, Aero

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pirate portrait quickie :LZYcheeze:
pirate.png
My game has a (much needed) tutorial now...
Game Making Every Day #20:kaohi:

ScreenShot_8_14_2022_11_55_51.png
FINALLY added the comic bubble to the Title Screen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWarDon