Distribution package won't create with "Exclude Unused Files" option? [MZ]

Skwis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It won't even give me the "Failed to create distribution package" error message that I see everyone else get when I search this issue.
It just shows me an empty progress bar that will never fill.
Capture.JPG

This only happens when I select the Exclude Unused Files option. I really don't want to have to spend an hour manually deleting every single unused file in my distribution package if I can help it.
Anyone else experience this issue before?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, but I can think of several possible causes.

One possibility is that one or more of the files in your project are breaking one of the networking rules - for example the "no spaces in filenames" rules or something like this.

Second possibility is that you simply have too many files that are not part of the maker in your project.

Third option is wrong target directory. NEVER deploy into the same folder as your project, you need a different output folder for deployed games. And make sure that that target directory follows the networking rules as well - for example only latin letters and arabic numbers, no non-latin letters (which disqualifies the entire user folder if your username is in a language that uses different lettering).

if those three guesses don't help we need more infos about your project and your editor to help you

Skwis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've resolved the issue, however I still don't know what caused it in the first place.

What I did was I made a new project, then simply copied all folders from my previous project over the folders of the new project.

The only files that I didn't copy over were:
game.rmmzproject
index.html
package.json

So I guess whatever the problem was must've been somewhere in the data of one of those 3 files.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you have a www folder inside your project? Hopefully not, but if there is then the error was a wrong deployment as I mentioned above.

the three files you mentioned contain absolute no project data, they are identical through all projects.
but there is a difference between a deployed package.json and the project package.json - if you deploy into your project directory the packages file will be overwritten with the wrong one.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't make anything new yet, but I'm back addicted to writing some MZ plugins. Man, I wish I have more free time like I did 5 years ago.
Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.
The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeJoTa