DIVIDED INFINITY ~A Thousand Star-lit- Stories~ [UPDATE - LAST POST]

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Madurai, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Madurai

Madurai Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

OVERVIEW

[​IMG]

Divided Infinity is a story told from the perspective of the universe, it follows a dangerous common element throughout time, and shows what this has done to effect the lives of the people throughout history. 

Three separate main casts of characters based in the past, present and future. 

Plus other perspectives altogether, the progression system is built from the ground up specifically for Divided Infinity. The story is told freely without being bogged down by a restrictive progression system and vise-versa as the progression system titled (EASS) is built with the nature of the story in mind. 

The gameplay uses a custom side-view battle system built around using various player built combos. 

STORY

A story spanning many perspectives and areas of time, told before and after death. 

it follows a common element throughout history and chronicles it's growth. 

From the past, to the present, to the days of the distant future, many lives come to a close as this story marches ever onward.

Filled with themes of humanity, the story proudly where's that patch on its sleeve through and through, with all the good and the bad.

PRESENT CAST

Sullan Miller

Information

Sullan is a quiet boy that oftentimes gets lost in the mazes of his own mind, he thinks rather than speaks most of the time. He's not very liked by his peers for nothing other than his sheer silence and refusal to open up to those around him. Despite this, Sullan is very kind and polite to those around him when he is forced to speak up. Sullan is quite trained in the medical field, some saying because of his father's status as a surgeon, though he doesn't particularly even like medical work oddly enough. Sullan believes in a higher power of some kind and ponders it quite a bit, but doubts his beliefs as much as he holds them. Sullan has no held belief system but is always looking to learn of them, his sexuality is straight, but he learns towards the more a-sexual side.

[​IMG]

Shella Sear

Information

Shella lives and supports her younger brother by herself. She runs an Evening Cafe Diner called "Eclipse Cafe". Shella is quite headstrong but for good reason, she's quite capable. She's the "queen" of her drama club and an excellent actress. Shella is a firm Atheist and is openly bi-sexual.

[​IMG]

Gerone Crator

Information

Gerone Crator is a nerd, and he loves that sheep. If anyone else doesn't love that sheep he hits them. He was once bullied in high school until all the crap Gerone was talking about knowing Kung-fu turned out to be true. While obnoxious at times (most times) and ignorant to the bigger things in the world around him, he's a very loyal friend and if you can put up with his mouth and volume, he'll put up with you plus some. Gerone is of Agnostic belief and his sexuality is straight.

[​IMG]

Nima Longshore

Information

Nima is one of the four main characters in present day, she's very stern on some subjects an very easy going on others. She dates around a lot and often has bad times choosing good men. She enjoys karaoke, doodling and studying child psychology and early child development. Nima is of Christian belief and her sexuality is straight.

[​IMG]

Rose

Information

Rose is a young girl that is fascinated with stars. She claims to one day catch a star of her own. Rose is bright and over-energetic and dreams of becoming a famous singer one day. Rose will regularly sing by the beach on clear nights, but she's honestly not too good yet.

[​IMG]

Atsu Aye

Information

Atsu is a traveler that's looking for his run away sister, Emily. Atsu is very kind and understanding of other people, he very easily makes friends with most of the party

[​IMG]

Soledad

Information

Soledad is a person only Sullan can see. The day his mother died, he began seeing Soledad and having regular conversations with her. Soledad's true purpose or origins are unknown. It is also unknown if she even exists outside of Sullan's head or not.

[​IMG]

SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PROGRESSION

EASS: (Exocosm Anamnesis Shell System)

Individual characters themselves do not level up themselves or gain stats, instead this is done in the form of various "Shells".

[​IMG][​IMG]

Shells are a part of a universal inventory, so regardless of where the story jumps, which characters you control, or even what era of time you're in...the shells will always be with you, and your development of them will never halt. According to the lore, these Shells are formations of human memories that form after an individuals death. More insight into how new Shells are created will come at the end of the demo if you guys want to check that out! More shells will be acquired as the game progresses. 

So how exactly does a Shell gain power? Well, when fought with in battle, the Shells gain Shell Points or SP. 

Then you can begin learning the skills on each Shell's individual skill web.

[​IMG]

Fill in all the skills and stat boosts on an Anamnesis Shell and it will become an Anamnesis Core. Let's get more into that. 

Anamnesis Shells come from a person, they are formations of a deceased person's memory data -- more specifically their desire to be understood by others. Transforming a shell into a core renders this wish fulfilled. But you don't just complete the skill nodes on it's web.

Shell Stories

When a Shell becomes complete, its story is unlocked -- these are called "Shell Stories" You will play a whole scenario following the persons life up until their death. It can be of a life highlighting event, or even an overall life story. These Shell Stories have original writers, artists, self contained stories (sometimes) tying into the bigger picture, sometime not. These Shell Stories can also happen alll throughout time and you may fall into any country, time, or persons life when starting one. Most have full dungeons, parties, and a whole unique story to complete. 

Upon completing the Shell Story of the corresponding Shell it will become a core. 

Cores have all their abilities powered up, the person with the core equipped will gain battle quotes from it's character and...keeping some cores on your field character may just lead to some present day resolution for its story. If you're in the right place that is. The full game has a total of 30 Shells.

Gameplay

[​IMG]

Gameplay in Divided Infinity is done in the form of a custom side view battle system, with custom animations to fit inside of that. There are four person parties and members may be swapped out in real time.

Other skills will chain from regular attacks allowing combos to be formed up to the players choice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Original Soundtrack

Complete with a large, original, heartfelt soundtrack to accompany its large story script. Divided Infinity draws the talent of three music Composers from the United States, Sweden and France into the mix.  Each delivering a piece to our score that only they could have.

TRACK LIST

"Christophe Blondel"

00 - The Starsea Of Infinity (Main Theme)

01 - The Lost Crow (Sullan's Theme)

02 - Soldiers Of Infinity (Normal Battle) ~Future~

03 - Cry Of Infinity (Normal Boss) ~Present~

04 - Encycle Freelands (Field #1)

05 - Stone Sunset (Cephas Town)

"Martin Barreby"

06 - Screams & Echoes

07 - Requiem Of The Wolves (Sullan Normal Battle)

08 - Lux Revelare (TA Boss)

09 - Heart Of Bronze (Serenity's Theme)

10 - Sunshade Village

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOhvigAYsJo

"Real Faction"

11 - Angle Garden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPXdNIa0CI

12 - Bloody Violin (Normal Battle Serenity)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ty-YpjXuDg

13 - Brilliant Orion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uCxBfOCA3s

14 - The Courageous Deer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhZrpqKaPkc

15 - Flamin' Toginye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS8Tx8fKKmY

PLAYABLE DEMOS

Demo #1 - PROLOGUE II: The Anomaly

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b2mtqaqtxxeexry/DIVIDED+INFINITY+%5BPrologue+II+Demo%5D.rar

Demo #2 - PROLOGUE III: Absolute Point

This is a long three + hour demo and has sprite animations for battle needed before it can release.

Demo #3 - Curiosity Shell Story: Amity De Vier

Amity De Vier is a Shell story, it's roughly an hour and a half long, it will be released as a Shell Story demo.

Demo #4 (final): Verse I Full feature Demo

This is another long Demo, it will showcase everything in unison working, free use of Four Shells with stories attached, village customization, village heart system, will showcase the first "Anamnesis" Verse which will be common throughout the game and is a pretty well rounded showcasing of Divided Infinity.

CREDITS

Writer & Director: Jacob Caro

Character Designers: Melody Brown, Matthew Bradley, Mimimin

Music Composers: Christophe Blondel, Martin Barreby, Real Faction

Main Programmer: Galv

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  2. Madurai

Madurai Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    First Demo has been released!

Artificer likes this.
  3. Miss Nile

Miss Nile Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can't believe this has gotten no comments yet. *-* It's looking amazing. The graphics are really nice and the story is really interesting! A lot of work definitely has been put into this.

I'll be putting the demo on my list. I have exams nowadays so I don't have lots of free time but I'll surely play this when I do. :D

Madurai likes this.
  4. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm a little confused - which demo should I download?

5. CrazyCrab

CrazyCrab Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    I'm with Miss Nile on that one, this looks exceptional.

I just love some of your character designs, they're all pretty nice but Soledad is definitely my favorite. One of the cooler looking characters I've seen in a long time.

Your mapping is really nice as well, so is the whole shell system - nice, original stuff.

What can I say, I'm really impressed.

I'll give your demo a shot as soon as I have some free time.

Madurai likes this.
  6. Artificer

Artificer Creator of worlds Veteran

First Language:
    Español
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there i check out your  game and this is my indie review for early access or pre alpha.... etc..

First of all i want to talk about how amazing this game concept is and so on the work put into it, this one has the intention of making games seriously.

Well the game has a lot of features that usually are not seeing, like voice acting, that is the strongest of this game, at least for me, because the acting is professional, that keeps me really immersed on the history. The starting screen of the game is cool. The map of the city is like a sample of the hard work, hard... hard work... +100, i love that map! but then some parts are repetitive... it would be perfect more variation.

I would try to explain how i feel about the game in general, is just that there are some things that need attention, i will start with the bugs.

1. Jumping everywhere: it happens when you jump out of the map at the start of the game and in othr places. (About this, i am really stunned because i implemented that on my game once but i never figure out how to disable the jump so i quit that, but seems that is not impossible at all, i will need to return to the lab)

2. Fatal crash: Seems that a script line crashes the game while you are on battle sometimes: Script TSBS Implementation (Core) line 1524: NoMethodError occurred. Undefined method for X for nil:Nilclass.

3. The menu is nice but the white makes the suits of the characters lose their shape because it is so... hum.. white...? but the clean aspect is perfect maybe just making of another fancy color or similar will fix that. ON this also the keys on the menu does not work at all, it just happen me once after it gets slow checking the encyclopedia.

4.  I do not know if is an error but at the end of the first level the robot does not move, if is an inanimate object is nice but seems like it was there for be like a boos or something, and i have to press all keys to found out how to teleport, i thought there was an interface just at contact at first.

5. The history is cool, but it needs more logical arguments like: "my arms move by its own and i does not want to die" and have a context that indicates that like the character trying to stop her hand or some text that narrates the action because the black screen makes it weird.  I did not figure it out until now that i am analyzing, is hard to say why they kill themselves and about that enemy is empty, if could have an introduction of the world that will be solved. It could work about the history moving. When you pass the prologue, if i review me as a player i feel like ...what? and bad because i will never play those characters.

6. At the beginning you can see the characters before the black screen with text appears.

7. Why Einstein? i mean i think he never say those things... that piss me off a little.

8. The music is good, but is complicated, i do not know what is wrong with it, but some times it does not match at all, strange because i like it the sound.

9. it could be nice if it has the tag of "Gore" more visible.

Well that are the things i can say, i wonder see this on steam green light when it is finished, because the quality of your works is point to that level in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
    Madurai likes this.
  7. Madurai

Madurai Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    There's a collection of voiced scenes in the pipeline to release within the next week. 

Following that a town demo. Lots of fully voiced scenes in that one that shows you how we make the towns work and unique conversations based on your selected field character. 

It's a hefty task, but each NPC in the game is a full blown conversation, not one liner. 

Even more so these are voiced and unique to your selected field character/party leader. 

We're in the recording process for the conversations right now and I have a few more to write. 

Expect the demo up shorty as all the artwork, town itself, and voices are cast. 

Also here's a look at the final version of the Shell Equipping menu. This menu pops up everytime there's a party switch. 

Also I suppose this confirms that by the end of the game each character can equip a total of Four Shells. 

It makes for some pretty nifty Class/Style creation. 

[​IMG]

Artificer likes this.
  8. Madurai

Madurai Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Also sharing a new character design! 
    Te'oma here is from a set of characters that is separate from the main ones.

[​IMG]

Artificer and That Bread like this.
  9. Artificer

Artificer Creator of worlds Veteran

First Language:
    Español
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This game is too complex, are you sure the histories can be mixed together?

10. Madurai

Madurai Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    It doesn't jump too much, we made sure it never got confusing. 

Each era has one shared story factor but it's usually standalone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    Artificer likes this.