RMMV Diving into Crime Underworld of Modern Fantasy

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by N-Amata, Oct 28, 2018.

1. N-Amata

N-Amata Villager Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

A game prototype and an idea I had— after listening to music.

Story
    Essentially, the world is that of fantasy— magic, creatures, and myths, but set in modern times. Along with the advent of technology, crime is also becoming more and more sophisticated.

This is where the story comes in. Burr, a detective, is investigating a case of murder. The leads lead him to the crime underworld, and he gets into more and more danger as he dives deeper and deeper.

Battle
    The battle system is definitely gonna be LMBS. Beat-em-up goes well with this game, but I don't like just Beat-em-up by itself. LMBS is the perfect solution, to this.

Art
    Pixel art, I think, not sure yet. But definitely, the color palette is that of dark tones, maybe even heading into having everything be grayscale, but maybe not.

Music
    Music should definitely be hip-hop and rap. I was inspired by Persona, actually, in what they did with their music. I want to make a unique game that sets itself apart both in aesthetic and sound.

Anyways, that's all I have for now! If anyone reads this, please feel free to share your thoughts. Or, if you're interested in helping develop this, please! Message me or something.

Have a good day!

2. Skidoosh

Skidoosh Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Check out the movie Bright on Netflix, might also help with inspiration. Does the whole Fantasy in modern times following 2 cops, one human and one orc.

3. N-Amata

N-Amata Villager Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Skidoosh I actually know about it, and I'm using it as an inspiration— just at the most broadest sense though, since it feels flat for me?

I'm not saying it's a bad movie, it's okay, but.. the lore and the worldbuilding fails at times for me at times. But yeah, I'm definitely taking some inspiration from it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Skidoosh likes this.
  4. Emanzi

Emanzi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3