Gondiman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looking to buy some of the DLCs that come with the game.
I already bought the My Trinity, seeing as how they just dump a butt load of content.
Looked into the Dark Fantasy one and the Cover Art Characters one, But couldn't find any reviews on the Dark Fantasy one. The Cover Art Characters looks absolutely stunning!
You guys have any suggestions?

GmOcean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Dark Fantasy
Dark Fantasy is pretty good. It's outside A1-A4 tiles are disappointing, but it's A5, B, C, D tiles are worth it for a different feel for buildings. The Inside tiles are a little more forgiving. A1 is again disappointing but, A2-A5, B, C, D tiles are good for grand scheme interiors. Inside_C and Inside_D are difficult to use as it very much differs from the normal compared to other tilesets as it introduces curves for walls, big pillars and hand rails. The music wasn't to my taste but it comes with 5 songs (Battle_1, Castle_1 & 2, Town_1 & 2).
All in all I find Outside A5, B, C & D tiles alone to make this purchase worth it. The problem with it though, is it'll be hard to match other building tilesets to this one. But they are very nice looking. Give them some color adjustment in photoshop/gimp and you can really make them suit your needs.

Cover Art Characters
The Cover Art DLC is also pretty good. Yes, it comes with 16 characters (Face Picture, Bust Picture, Full Body Picture, SV_Battlers for each one) all of which are both unique and fun to look at. The SV_Battlers are beautifully done.
The audio again wasn't to my taste. It comes with 6 tracks all of which are designated as a 'theme' for a character. A little too upbeat / happy for my liking. The 6 weapons it comes with are SV battler only. No inventory icons, so you'll have to use your standard icons for it.
The lack of tilesets makes this DLC suffer in terms of value imo. While I like a good looking character, these are all "Ready Made". It doesn't come with the generator parts to make characters. Which would have made this an instant buy instead of debating for a week or so about if I really wanted it.

All in all, if you're looking for some characters to add that will fit a main party / character type of role, this is a good pack to pick up as it comes with SV_Battlers for each of them.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

KenKrath wrote on RPGMakerWeb's profile.
Hi there!! I saw my Valentines Video placed in the contest. I'm wondering if I placed 3rd or 1st though because my video was shown first but my name is shown as the 3rd video. Thanks for the opportunity :)
I found a book about game localization. It costs R$708,00 on Amazon. ;_;
I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
Play test of my current progress on Happy Camper
Cutscene Contest Winners have been announced!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinthea