DLC

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Guillaumerrr, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Guillaumerrr

Guillaumerrr Villager Member

First Language:
    france
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hi again people, so i'd like to know wich DLC are acctually worth spending money on MV, i'am acctually making a pokémon-like game (Hearth gold and soul silver would be cool) and i just don't know what i should buy there's just too many of em any advices? i hope i'am on the good forum o.o'

2. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

There have been a few other threads in this section that talk about which DLC people find 'worth it' that you might find useful, but it really depends on what exactly you need.

3. Guillaumerrr

First Language:
    france
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Well as i said i'am just starting ^^ so i'am not sure yet, i still have a lot of things to learn.
    But i'd like to start with the right stuff, it would piss me off to remake a whole map (or the whole game) juste because the graphisme i used arn't good or sumthing like that u know?

4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Honestly if you've never made a game before you will probably redo the entire map 4 - 5 times anyways just due to what you learn as you go. That's why we recommend starting with a small simple project in the first place.

5. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you're just starting out, then I'd recommend just working with default resources at first while you learn the engine. It'll be a lot easier on you if you have a clear idea of what you want the game to look like after you've worked on (and finished, finishing projects is a major skill) a couple small games. Also, it could save you money since you're not buying a bunch of resources that you end up not using.

6. Guillaumerrr

First Language:
    france
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    In fact i aleready made two little (crappy) game a few years ago, i know how to use advenced event, i also know what the story should be ect.
    But my problem is: idc if i should buy a pack with set that acctually looks like pokémon's game or if should i make em by myself (i don't knwo hwo to make anything by myself tho). I don't know if you see what i mean i'am terrible in english. Or maybe someone is acctually selling pokémon's set aleready?

7. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Considering pokeman is copywritten by Nintendo and they have given no one permission to make things like pokeman you are not going to find a pokeman set sold here or anywhere legally.

And before you say fair use, fair use does NOT allow you to use assets from another game or IP to make a game at all anywhere. All it allows you to do is make a video to criticize the game using the game footage, or use the game material for educational use short term (and even that varies by how it is being used, you'd need legal advise if you were to try this case to learn what the limit is, and we are not lawyers).

8. Guillaumerrr

First Language:
    france
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Then how people make fan game? like infinite fusion as exemple since it's the kind of game i'am looking for. They are the same pokémon as the original game (you just can fuse em as you want but the sprites are exactly the same) it's also called "pokémon" you also use "pokéball" etc. and i'am pretty sure all the bushes sprites tree and averything they used are looking like the original game. For another exemple there's an hackrom of pokémon emerald called pokémoin emerald +. It's the original game just with some random stuff as the nuzlok challenge etc

9. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The fan games are not legal. just because it is on the internet doesn't make it legal. If Nintendo ever learns of the fan games they can and have shut them down, as they have all fan games they have become aware of in the past.

Basically, it's their IP and they can decide if they want fan games. Best thing to do is ask them for permission and if they say no then you can't make a fan game.

10. Guillaumerrr

First Language:
    france
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Jesus you are killing all my dreams o.o"
    So in fact, nintendo isn't aware of all thos fangame ? is this even possible?

11. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yep. Very possible.

Now, here is the positive and what you can do:

You can make a monster collecting game. No company has copywrite on ideas.
    You can use original monsters like say Thalzon's battlers instead. Just don't give them pokeman names.
    And you can have them collected via another item. In fact, World of Final Fantasy was a monster collecting game by Square Enix and it used prisms instead of pokeballs.

12. Guillaumerrr

First Language:
    france
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Alright xD i'am pretty much disaponted thanks for all ur advices you helped me a lot to see things clearer.
    BTW is there any site that collect every set made by the comunauty? Like a library or something?

13. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no.
    most artists that offer pictures for free want at least get people to their own websites in return(it is their work after all), so they usually forbid reposting.

this forum is one of the places where you find most of the available artwork, with links to the sites that don't allow reposting.