Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Introducing a New Feature Rich Limited Inventory System!​

This plugin will help you create a limited inventory system for your game. It isn’t likely it’ll work with other plugins that affect the item scene. The party will now have a maximum weight limit.

Storage containers can be created for the player to store items, weapons, and armour in. You can set the starting maximum weight, icon, name, items, weapons, and armour in the plugin parameters. These containers can later be manipulated through plugin commands and script calls to change or check these values. For a full list of features, please see down below.

Screenshots
DM-LI-ScreenTitle.jpg
DM-LI-ScreenTitle3.jpgDM-LI-ScreenTitle2.jpg
DM-LI-ScreenTitle4.jpg

pp-screens-1.jpg
pp-screens-2.jpg
pp-screens-3.jpgpp-screens-4.jpg
pp-screens-5.jpg

notetags-ex.jpg

Changelog​

• 1.01 - Made the plugin.
  • 1.02 - Fixed some bugs.
  • 1.03 - Added item weight window to party inventory.
  • 1.04 - Added party title window, container title window and fixed a few bugs.
  • 1.05 - Added deposit, withdraw, and drop windows.
  • 1.06 - Polished a lot of the scenes and windows and optimized the code.
  • 1.07 - Added the capability to drop items in the party inventory.
  • 1.08 - Fixed a bug where the game would let you use a weapon resulting in a crash.
  • 1.09 - Added a bunch of plugin commands and fixed up some parameter descriptions.
  • 1.11 - Removed Item Category code and made new plugin for item categories.
  • 1.12 - Made plugin compatibility patch so it could work with VisuMZ_1_ItemsEquipsCore.
  • 1.13 - Fixed a handful of bugs that happened from the change.
  • 1.14 - Updated plugin to work with DM_ItemCategories plugin since categories have been overwritten for compatibility.
  • 1.15 – Added ‘Item List Columns’ option to plugin parameters for smaller resolutions.

Features​

• Create a feature rich limited inventory system similar to games like Skyrim.
  • Give items, weapons, and armors weights. They can be decimals like "0.1" or numbers larger than 1; you decide.
  • Create and manage all your containers right from the plugin parameters under "Storage Containers."
  • Throughout gameplay, items can be dropped, deposited, or withdrawn from containers. You can now set the default sound effect during these times for all items, weapons, and armour. You can also override the default sound effects on a per-item, per-weapon, and per-armor basis using note tags in the database.
  • Change various aspects of the game related to the inventory. You can even change the RPG Maker default maximum item limit!
  • Manipulate the party inventory and containers using script calls and plugin commands (more information can be found in the plugin file)!
  • Drop items from the party inventory scene.
  • Now compatible with VisuMZ_1_ItemsEquipsCore. Please make sure my plugins are below VisuStella plugins and in the correct order.
    plugin-order.jpg

Bug Reports​

This is a fairly large script, so for any bugs you may find, please report them in the comments with the following format:

Description: (Here, you will tell me what you were doing when the bug or crash occurred.)
Javascript Error: Here, you can tell me the exact error you got. Including a screenshot with the crash error is recommended and will get you faster results. Also, finding out the exact line number that caused the crash will make it more possible for me to find out what the core root of the problem is and provide you with any necessary plugin updates in a timely manner.

Terms of Use​

1. Do not claim ownership of the code or take the code for your own plugins.

2. Do not sell my plugins (they are to be used in your projects only).

3. This plugin is free for non-commercial use and requires you to agree to a license before using it. The plugin license can be downloaded by clicking the blue button found at the bottom of the plugin page.

4. The plugin can be used for commercial games, provided you have purchased the appropriate license by clicking the red button on the plugin page. The license will cover any and all future games made using the plugin.

Download

Link to plugin page

Happy Rpg Making!

Attachments

• pp-screens-3.jpg
    pp-screens-3.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just added some more screenshots if anyone wants to take a look at the parameters and settings before downloading.

pp-screens-2.jpgpp-screens-1.jpg
pp-screens-3.jpg
pp-screens-4.jpg
pp-screens-5.jpg

I tried to give as much customizability as I could to the user without driving myself completely insane. I think the final plugin is almost 3000 lines long! :o

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello guys, I'm back with an important update! My limited inventory system is now compatible with VisuMZ_1_ItemsEquipsCore! Only thing is that categories are overwritten now and you will have to use my category plugin to make your custom categories with or just use the rm default.
  • 1.12 - Made plugin compatibility patch so it could work with VisuMZ_1_ItemsEquipsCore.
  • 1.13 - Fixed a handful of bugs that happened from the change.
  • 1.14 - Updated plugin to work with DM_ItemCategories plugin since categories have been overwritten for compatibility.

Make sure my plugins are below VisuStella and plugin order should be be like this :

plugin-order.jpg

My Core Shop plugin is unavailable but will be ready soon and will also be fully compatible with VisuStella Item core AND my DM_LimitedInventory system. There will also be some new features never before seen in rpg maker with my new Core Shop plugin. I can't wait to share it!

Please enjoy, I worked very hard on this.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

gundambison wrote on emelian65's profile.
updated with new code.. Hope this work
1675255888435.png
Been working on new characters and outfits, no bodysuit!
doesnt mean she's not mechanical :kaopride:
Sneak peek on what I'm working on (don't mind the tileset, it's placeholder)

1675253833587.png1675253693243.png1675253707818.png
Going to make my Anniebelle dolls into murderous cowards, when the lights go out they swarm, otherwise they flee and attack from a distance...
annieBelle.png

....just look at those beady little eyes. Terrifying! :kaoswt:

Stream for those who like to watch. :LZSwink:
So I sent my game demo to be entered into a game showcase. They asked if I had a website for my game. So I listed my game page here. I don't know if that will count or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zabikai