DMV Map Buttons

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great mod, thanks for all the awesome plugins you have been making. 

can you make 1 more button that appears in the top corner whenever any of these open? one that uses icon 74 or something that will close the menu that you just opened? this map button thing is great for playing the game with a mouse but then you have to reach for the keyboard again to exit.

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That does sound a great addition and I will likely add it to a future version. :)

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Right mouse click will close the currently open menu.

Logan C.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can you add a feature which allows us to hide/reveal an icon or change its position whenever we trigger it in events?

Luminous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
is it possible to resize the size of the button?

It will be good if we can get larger or change the icon to a picture file
Thanks for Nice plugin dekita ^^

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok, here is a list of things to come in the next version of this;

* 10 more default button slots (unused, for you - the user -  to setup)

* Control over icon buttons via script call (maybe plugin commands, not decided yet)

* Option of using a custom image for buttons instead of iconset.

* Bug Fix: Disallow buttons to be triggered whilst event running - ie, chatbox is opened.

I'm mega swamped atm with a minigame for the good v evil thing, but I will be updating my plugin releases as soon as I have finished it. :)

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Glad we've been able to help you debug and you're not all one-time deal.

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Glad we've been able to help you debug and you're not all one-time deal.
 Dekita has never been a one time deal , i still use quite a few of his Scripts in most of my ACE projects, hopefully we will see some of them ported over.

All in all this is amazing cant wait for the next update*opens PS and starts designing pretty menu buttons for touch/mouse interface* 

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
 Dekita has never been a one time deal , i still use quite a few of his Scripts in most of my ACE projects, hopefully we will see some of them ported over.

All in all this is amazing cant wait for the next update*opens PS and starts designing pretty menu buttons for touch/mouse interface* 
Well, it's appreciated that he's willing to work on updating his plugins. I know much of the community does so as well but most would be too lazy to do so.

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Edit: You can ignore this. I had a question here, but I was silly and it's a very easy thing to do.

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
This plugin is an amazing addition to make the game more mobile friendly! Will you eventually include the ability to offset it or place it at an specific orientation and side?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You are able to position each button individually via the plugin options. :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Merging with the thread for the plugin.  If you need help with a plugin, please post IN the thread for the plugin rather than starting a new one.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
huh? what did you merge in here? :p

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
Can the button display be toggled through a switch? Like if I wanted to make a game that makes it optional (for people that prefer to use keys over mouse)

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I'm afraid I'm having trouble working with your pluggin. I tried working from a blank project with only using the MVCommon, DMV_Core, and this pluggin in said order, but the icons are not showing up on the screen? Am I missing something?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not as of yet, but it is part of the 'button control' features I intend to implement in the next version. :)

Dallas Robinson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
hmmm, Okay i got the script working and 1.) OMG! this makes so many basic actions less annoying! :) thank yo so much for doing this! here are some general notes i found. if there is a solution already in the script do tell me.

1.) "right click" doesn't exist on mobile so how do you exit a menu when called up?

2.) How do you equip or use spells on people in your party that are not the actor in slot 1? for example i tried to equip an ax on my dwarf in the 3rd character slot but there was no way to toggle over to him in the pop up. it just defaults to the main character. this also goes to items as well. this is kinda a deal breaker for me right now if i can't figure this out. Otherwise the default menu, while annoying, functions better.

3.) clicking any button in the hot bar comes with a half second delay while the default doesn't. is this normal?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1 - double tap works as right click for mobiles I am sure.

2 - I am not sure how you do the change actor function on mobiles, but for desktop computers you can press Q/W whilst in the scene to change actor.

3 - Yep, this is because the scene is being triggered when the clicked button is RELEASED, and then scenes have a small delay for stating also. So yea, that delay is expected. :)

Dallas Robinson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
oh, thank you so much for the reply. q/w defiantly works. so i'm super happy about that. If i use this i will have to make a tutorial (or some window that tells you this when your on a screen that uses it) for the player though because those keys q/w aren't the most intuitive for a first time player. Overall thorough awesome script!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh wow, just got word the police are looking for an armed suspect within a 2 block radius of my office. Super glad I'm not there right now. :kaoswt:
Sheila Nagase

same caption as before. :3
"Be as honest as you possibly can as often as you can. It makes your lies much easier to believe."
Each new game means new ways to survive and you need to adapt when you have 10 different stores with lots of items for your adventure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astrina