DMV Map Buttons

Ariaka

o_o
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there a way to disable tapping/clicking on the map menu icons while an event is running (or messages active)? I seem to get an erorr if any of the icons are tapped/clicked on during said situations.

More specifically, when I close the menu. The error that is given is:

TypeError
Cannot read property 'bitmap' of undefined

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That is a bug I have fixed in the latest unreleased version. When I do release my updates, the new version will fix that :)

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I hope, it will have switch, so..

when cutscene, i can hide it :3

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It will also have the ability to hide buttons. :)

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Randomly the buttons have all become black. I disabled all plugins I added since it last worked and they are still black on test

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have no idea.. maybe something to do with a black iconset being used?

Are any error messaages for the script popping up on the console? (F8 in game to access)

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have no idea.. maybe something to do with a black iconset being used?

Are any error messaages for the script popping up on the console? (F8 in game to access)
I wonder if it has anything to do with the size of my icon set? it's 16,000 x 512. Icons work normally everywhere else with no issues (it's so big because its a collection of every icon I had from ace. every time I got more I combined them onto one sheet and it grew. it is my "messing around experimenting icon sheet)\

edit: yes, it seems like the size of the icon sheet is causing it from the console menu

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you screenshot the console and its errors for me? :)

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you screenshot the console and its errors for me? :)

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Bernkastel - you said your iconset was all old ace icons? are they in a 32x32 size?

If not, you would need to change the values show below;

var bw = 32, bh = 32, button = new Sprite_Button();to whatever values you are using.

These lines can be found within my core plugin at line 278..

That is the only reason i can think of for you getting those notifications. :/

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Bernkastel - you said your iconset was all old ace icons? are they in a 32x32 size?

If not, you would need to change the values show below;

var bw = 32, bh = 32, button = new Sprite_Button();to whatever values you are using.

These lines can be found within my core plugin at line 278..

That is the only reason i can think of for you getting those notifications. :/
My icon set is exactly 512 x 18,016. (it WAS 18,000 before a min ago but fixing it to 18,016 didn't seem to fix it.)

the icon set is now 32x32 with the same result

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He means the size of each icon. In Ace, each icon was 24 x 24. In MV they are 32 x 32.

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
He means the size of each icon. In Ace, each icon was 24 x 24. In MV they are 32 x 32.
yes, each icon is 32 x 32 for a total size of 512 x 18,016

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
with those iconset dimentions though it should just show a cut up icon image instead of pure black..

Can you change the whole function in my core script (found at the lines stated previous) to this one, and then show me the new console printouts :)

Code:
  $.createIconButton = function(icon1, icon2, parent) {    var bw = 32, bh = 32, button = new Sprite_Button();    button.bitmap = ImageManager.loadSystem('IconSet');    var cx = icon1%16*bw, cy = Math.floor(icon1/16)*bh;    var hx = icon2%16*bw, hy = Math.floor(icon1/16)*bh;    console.log('Cold: ['+cx+','+cy+'] '+'Hot: ['+hx+','+hy+']');    button.setColdFrame(cx, cy, bw, bh);    button.setHotFrame(hx, hy ,bw, bh);    if (parent != undefined && parent.addChild){      parent.addChild(button);    }    button.visible = true;    return button;  };

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
with those iconset dimentions though it should just show a cut up icon image instead of pure black..

Can you change the whole function in my core script (found at the lines stated previous) to this one, and then show me the new console printouts :)

$.createIconButton = function(icon1, icon2, parent) { var bw = 32, bh = 32, button = new Sprite_Button(); button.bitmap = ImageManager.loadSystem('IconSet'); var cx = icon1%16*bw, cy = Math.floor(icon1/16)*bh; var hx = icon2%16*bw, hy = Math.floor(icon1/16)*bh; console.log('Cold: ['+cx+','+cy+'] '+'Hot: ['+hx+','+hy+']'); button.setColdFrame(cx, cy, bw, bh); button.setHotFrame(hx, hy ,bw, bh); if (parent != undefined && parent.addChild){ parent.addChild(button); } button.visible = true; return button; };
I blanked out an error that had nothing to do with your pluggin as to not make it confusing (I forgot to turn it off like last time)

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ok, it seems to be crashing when its registering the 8th button icon - did you ever change the default settings? by default, they should be -1 for all unused buttons x and y positions

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ok this is strange as anything :/

Could you upload a project for me that replicates the issue? I only need what you send to contain the js folder and the iconset image :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't make anything new yet, but I'm back addicted to writing some MZ plugins. Man, I wish I have more free time like I did 5 years ago.
Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.
The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big_Hoss86