DMV Map Buttons

Fiendish Centaur

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
None of the icons are showing. I placed the plugins in the exact order shown, switched the order of the three in every possible way, then started a new game doing the same. Even changed visibility flags. I really want to display an icon/button for leveling up, instead of forcing the player to go through the menu for each individual character, as they have choices at each level.

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have a common event that I want to activate when you press a button. How would I go about doing this? 

@ Newbie 

I had the same issue...you need to install MVCommon from site along with the Core.

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
None of the icons are showing. I placed the plugins in the exact order shown, switched the order of the three in every possible way, then started a new game doing the same. Even changed visibility flags. I really want to display an icon/button for leveling up, instead of forcing the player to go through the menu for each individual character, as they have choices at each level.
The icons set in the default script use id's that are outwith the normal iconset numbers.  In order to get the buttons to display, change the icon id's to a value that is actually available ~ OR ~ add the icons I made, that are available from the webpage for this script, into your iconset at the bottom left corner (make the iconset larger by 64 pixels of height too). Then, the default icons i setup will show.

I will probably do a small update just to use other icons for the default buttons ~ to stop this from happening :D

The plugin order should be: MVCommons, DMV_Core, DMV_MapButtons.

I have a common event that I want to activate when you press a button. How would I go about doing this? 

@ Newbie 

I had the same issue...you need to install MVCommon from site along with the Core.
For the button funk, use:

$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(1)Where 1 is the id of the common event you want to trigger. And make sure the button has x and y co-ordinates other than the default -1, and that it has hot and cold icons setup too. (the button data setting). :D

Fiendish Centaur

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Man, I wish I had money. You'd definitely have my support on banned.url. Wish more people were like you, Dekyde.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol, thanks. I wish more people were like you.. Its all good though, I code cause I like it, if people wanna help me do that, I'll let them :p

Speaking of coding, I need to make some more Mv stuff :D

Helyx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi !

Thanks for that Plug-in !

I wonder if it's possible to have an other iconset with we can set in the parameters, with the size of the icons too ? Or can you add it please ? It would be great to not being limited by the size of the default icons :)

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll just add the ability to use custom images in the next update. That seems like the best all round idea. :)

Helyx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thank you a lot ! Can't wait for that !

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
The icons set in the default script use id's that are outwith the normal iconset numbers.  In order to get the buttons to display, change the icon id's to a value that is actually available ~ OR ~ add the icons I made, that are available from the webpage for this script, into your iconset at the bottom left corner (make the iconset larger by 64 pixels of height too). Then, the default icons i setup will show.
i think there's also possibility that people change the name of your plugin... so the plugin parameter is not successfully grabbed... thus causing it not showing.

var params = PluginManager.parameters('DMV_MapButtons');so if people rename their DMV_MapButtons.js to Dmv_mapbutton.js it will potentially caused that...

(i try renaming my plugin and the icon didn't show... so i'm sure it's one of the potential cause many people didn't have their icon shown)

how about changing it to Iavra method

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47591-how-to-get-plugin-parameters-without-knowing-your-filename/

so less problem caused by renaming the js filename.

great plugin btw... i use this in combo of my build and decor plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking of using that kinda method for the plugin names, cause yes, that has been an issue from the start ~ people having incorrectly named files (for various ~ all silly ~ reasons)..

At the same time though, there is a 'download' button to trigger auto download of the file, with the correct name.. but again, things can always be changed... I mean, what if they downloaded it twice, and then used the second one - it would have something like (2) at the end of the file name.. Not ideal :p

In an ideal world, we wouldnt have to rely on the name of the file for anything - there would be some better way to handle all the parameter information.. But alas, this is RM... :D

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Could you explain how to activate a (standard, non-common) event on a map or how to change a variable (so the changed variable can be a condition for the event) by clicking on a button? I would like (for example) a character, which is already moving around on the map, to start running. I managed to configure the additional buttons (for example I can call a common event) but I can not figure out how to start/trigger a standard event. 

Thank you very much for this great plugin!  :)

EnMod

noelquiles.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would like the buttons to be clickable even during a message prompt, is that possible?

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
so, now we can hide and unhide the button?

sorry i didn't follow the update, i have no good connection before.. :'(

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Esgal Verenthi I would think the easiest way to trigger an event using a button would be to have the event condition set to a switch and then have the button turn on that switch. The script call for switches is $gameSwitches.setValue(num, true/false); where "num" would be the switch number and true would turn it on/false off.

@EnMod I don't know, but I will see if I can find out.

@Radis3D Yes, you can hide/unhide buttons. In the initial set up, the last number of the Button Data will be either a 0 or 1, 0 is hidden, 1 is shown. You can use the script call $gameSystem.setMapButtonVisible(id, visiBool); to change it, where id is the button number and visiBool will be either 0 or 1 to hide or show.

Azgraal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
It has come to my attention that there is a LOT of the default scripts that create scenes that wont work with this system, due to them not having publicly available script calls to open the scenes, and only using plugin commands that are triggered within an anonomous functions scope. There is literally no way I can fix that issue as its not my scripts causing the problem, its the people who wrote the plugins and havent supplied global access to their newly created scenes.  This includes pretty much all default plugins given with the maker, such as the EnemyBook plugin.

The fix is simple - you just have to locate the scene creation function and place it outwith the scope of the anonomous function that wraps the whole plugin. The scene creation function looks somewhat like this:

function Scene_EnemyBook() { this.initialize.apply(this, arguments); }

I didn't quite understand what we need to do her, is there anything we have to add?

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Radis3D Yes, you can hide/unhide buttons. In the initial set up, the last number of the Button Data will be either a 0 or 1, 0 is hidden, 1 is shown. You can use the script call $gameSystem.setMapButtonVisible(id, visiBool); to change it, where id is the button number and visiBool will be either 0 or 1 to hide or show.

Uhm.. 

Anoo.. 

I still confuse about ID,  here.. in (id, visiBool)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
id is the number of the button you want to show or hide. For example, in my game, I have a common event to hide map button 8, so my script call looks like this:

$gameSystem.setMapButtonVisible(8, 0);

Azgraal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I've tried that on my game but it does not work, even with the correct id and boolean value. And the thing is I my thick head can't understand what the maker meant with his/her example. There's other plugins on my game that access $gameSystem without any problem yet this one reports the function undefined and crashes.

:(

Ariaka

o_o
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've tried that on my game but it does not work, even with the correct id and boolean value. And the thing is I my thick head can't understand what the maker meant with his/her example. There's other plugins on my game that access $gameSystem without any problem yet this one reports the function undefined and crashes.

:(
What exactly are you attempting to do?

Azgraal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I have just one button showing with this script, that calls the menu scene, which is button 1. I was trying to work out a way to toggle it during cutscenes or other situations where I don't want the button showing so on those moments I tried adding a script call on the events containing:

$gameSystem.setMapButtonVisible(1, false)

Doing so always returns an undefined error. The script maker tried to explain here earlier that some other scripts restrict the access to the scene used by this script, but I didn't understand his instructions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was stunned-STUNNED-to find that I have been working on my current project since November. It feels like so much less time than that.
Stream will be live shortly with some art! Going to do a recolor, then start on a new monster! Feel free to drop by!
I've been busy working on other projects this month so I haven't been able to do much towards finishing the prep work for my RPG, but I did brainstorm some interesting ideas for the game.
redrawing one of three my VNM protags
I'm making my game in both English and Portuguese. I wonder if I should add Spanish too? :v

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonas930