DMV Map Buttons

Ariaka

o_o
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
$gameSystem.setMapButtonVisible(1,0);

Don't forget the  ;  at the end. Also you need either a zero or one to indicate false or true. (Respectively.)

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, you don't use the word false, you put a "0" for false or a "1" for true. And Ariaka said, you have to have the ; at the end.

Azgraal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your answers.

I haven't forgot to end the line with ; and I had tried the boolean with both 0,1 and true false before. Tried again for good measure, on an event only with that script call, and it still crashes with "undefined is not a function".

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you do a screenshot of your event and where you've set up the map button?

Azgraal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Here it is.
http://imgur.com/wZEh2K4
http://imgur.com/ISlpWuo
The icons I currently have are those two on top left corner (I thought I only had one but no matter, both buttons are working, one calls the menu scene the other calls the debug scene)

Ariaka

o_o
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Here it is.
http://imgur.com/wZEh2K4
http://imgur.com/ISlpWuo
The icons I currently have are those two on top left corner (I thought I only had one but no matter, both buttons are working, one calls the menu scene the other calls the debug scene)
Can you take a screen shot of the error? (Push F8 when the error pops up.) Might be another plug-in causing the problem.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I also see a screenshot of where you have the button configured in the plugin manager?

Azgraal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
http://imgur.com/mCebUqF

I didn't know this view existed! So does this error mean I have to define something inside the main function of all those .js?

DMV_MapMenuButtons is below DMV_Core on the list, which is is below MVCommons.

http://imgur.com/0io4byZ

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I see how you have the map buttons set up within the plugin?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I'm hoping I see your problem. In your setup, on the Button 1 Data line, you only have 4 numbers (as well as the others).

It needs 5 numbers for the parameters, as follows: x, y, coldIcon, hotIcon, and visibility flag

X is the X position, Y the Y position, and then two values for 2 different icons - one while being pressed, one while idle. And then the last value is the 0 or 1 for visible or not, and it looks like you don't have that.

Here is a picture of my setup:

Azgraal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
That still doesn't work, but I believe that's due to the same thing. Adding either a 0 or a 1 at the end on the plugin settings makes no difference and the icons are always shown.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So button 1, if you add a comma and a 1 at the end, and then trigger the event, you still get this error? Or does it now just not disappear?

If we can't help you tonight, I'll bug Dekita to take a look at it as soon as he can. :)

Azgraal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
So... I just realised that I was using the previous version of the plugin, which didn't have the visibility option yet, and that's why it was undefined. Oh boy do I feel stupid...

The thing is, I just updated both the DMV_MapButton and the DMV_Core and now, even simply having the script active crashes the game on loading and gives an array or errors.

http://imgur.com/qaguqfM

PS. Ignore the nvidia fps counter.

EDIT: So after updating both .js as I stated it seemed like it had worsened. Then I gathered all the courage I could muster, deleted all the plugins and plugin entries I had on my project and re-entered them one by one, having the care of adding the DMV plugins first.

And now it works flawlessly.  :D  

Thanks so much mlogan and Ariaka for your patience and for trying to make sense of my problem.

On an unrelated matter, is it possible to resize buttons? I'd love to enbiggen them a bit if that's doable.

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is hawt. Any way to make the buttons display text above them when you hover over them with your cursor/mouse?

dancinhero

Cheese man
Reaction score
First Language
English-arabic
hi guys uhm its a great script yet i fail to show the buttons on my screen, do i put the icons in my system? do i need to call script for something? im confused its like a puzzle with this script..

EDIT: got it to work. ty

Ignatios

Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am a little confused...I read through all the posts here and I am having a basic issue.

I have a button open up the main menu or any menu, however it is annoyingly difficult for a mobile user to exit that screen...Is there any way to make a button to exit the screen that i go into?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, just to let you know im back after taking a bit of a break, so if you have any random issues with this plugin, let me know and I'll try help as best I can. :)

mahoop

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I want buttons become active since menu screen and still active in combat. There is a way to do that?

Internetomancer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't see the buttons.. :(

I have the 3 plugins in order.

When I hit play, the console informs me:

Loaded: DMV_Core v1.0.1
Loaded: DMV_MapButtons v1.0.1

I can run functions from any of the 3 plugins without error.

Any thoughts on something I could test?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was planning to release a useless plugin for april fools, but then I thought I let it be.
Tfw every dev around me is using Live2D in their MV games and make me question my skills repeatedly.

Spending the day reworking my maps, especially the first "biome". This time it's not even in the dark. :LZSwink:
Activity on the forums has increased lately, probably because of people staying home. The amount of work for moderators has increased lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightburnz