mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you share a screenshot of how you have things set up in the plugin manager?

Internetomancer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible that the filepath is consfused up for the images?

If I type

ImageManager.loadIcon(2)

It tells me there's a bitmap, but the ._image property is null...

Last edited by a moderator:

Internetomancer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay-- after a lot of fiddling with scripts, the problem turned out to be very simple.   :unsure:

All I had to do was change the parameters.

The default Button 1 Data is (466, 2, 321, 337, 1)

I changed it to (466, 2, 10, 11, 1)

Works fine.  I just don't have 320 icons, I guess.

This was kind of tricky to find since the buttons don't initialize at all if the parameters are legal? 

Sometimes it's better to not know any JS at all!

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(Hey, pssst, don't double post.)

Glad you sorted it, sorry I didn't have a chance to come back to this, but yeah, I was curious about the parameters. And since the icon sheet can technically be as long as you make it, it's possible that the button was there, just not visible. At any rate, glad you figured it out.

Internetomancer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm loving this thing by the way.  Simple and incredibly useful.

Thank you so much for making this.

If you expand-- yes-- I would really like it to be generalized to pictures or tile-sets or whatever.

If you're still concerned about performance, I noticed that someone made a preload manager? to load graphics on map changes.  Not sure if that would help? 

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46515-preload-manager/

I'm also thinking about trying to use this to develop a general UI for my game.  Like buttons that open other buttons.  Tell you if I get anywhere at all (not that likely!) :)

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have expanded this plugin a little, I just havent finished all the changes due to other obligations :D

Yes, the initial issue you had with the icons was my fault entirely. I used to use just basic default images, then i edited some images to match the default buttons a little better - the image is shown on the first page of this topic, and I expected people to just add that line of icons to their existing iconsets. If that had been done, everything woulda shown as normal :D

Hopefully one day soon I can catch up with all the things I want to do. When that day comes, I have a fairly large update of this plugin and a few others. :p

gizzmito

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Is there a way to turn all the buttons invisible (for a cutscene, for example) and then return all the buttons to their previous state? 

In my game the buttons change when you get some items, etc. So I don't want to reset them to default.

It's not really a problem because I think I could do this checking first what buttons are visible then making all of them invisible and later restoring only the visible ones. 
But I don't know if there is an easier way to do this. Like an on/off switch for the buttons.

Anyway thank you for this very useful plugin!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use this script call in an event: * $gameSystem.setMapButtonVisible(id, visiBool);

For id, put the number of the button, for visiBool put either 0 or 1 (off or on).

gizzmito

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Yes, thank you.  I'll do that for each of the buttons.

Black Mamba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
can i set item to use in this plugins? like hotbar?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Snarkyfork wrote on Trihan's profile.
Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CGI_ERICYT