DMV Param Distribute (stat)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by ??????, Oct 25, 2015.

1. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    DMV Param Distribution (stat)
    By Dekita
     ​
    Introduction:

The distribution options added by this system can be controlled in a number of ways, for example, the window, all buttons, and all text can be fully customized by the game developer.

The distribution button is also a snazzy new 'toggle' button, which shows different image frames when toggled and not. This allows for the window to retain a 'pop out' effect, and for each state to have descriptive button images.

Additionally, all actors can have unique distribution parameter limits, and also a unique formula for determining available distribution points.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plugin:

Link

Notes:

You also require a 'distribution' image (you know, the one used for the big button in the pics above)..

I have uploaded a default one for you download HERE.

And hell, I'll link it direct too.

[​IMG]

FAQ:

None yet

Credits:

Dekita / DekitaRPG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  2. Halrawk

Halrawk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Looks good Dekita, nice to see you supporting MV as well.

3. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Dekita (aka the master of stats) is back!

Are you planning on making this compatible with custom stats (like your willpower plug-in)?

off-topic:  You really need one site with all your stuff on it (I already have 3+ sites). XD

?????? likes this.
  4. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No actually - no compatibility with *this* particular one.

I am instead intending to release a seperate elements distribution system - like this plugin, with a tab in the status scene. After that, I will work on an MV ISPDS style distribution system (with its own unique scene) that incorporates all my stats - but that will be a while away. :)

The only site I am using for mv plugins is www.dekyde.com. Thats the only sites ive been using for a while.  The only reason the pages link to github atm is due to having SOOOOOOO much to do to catch up with where I should have been at this point.  Once I can, I will be making dedicated pages on the aforementioend website. :D

JohnnyR and AwesomeCool like this.
  5. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Restaff

First Language:
    Portuguese
    This looks pretty great but it seems like it's only really nice for mouse players. I'd rather have something like an icon / scrolling message "Press Y for distributing" so it works with both mouse and gamepad / keyb nicely. But still, I'm so glad to know we have this on MV already!

6. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, this was only ever intended to be a nice simple distribution system - purely so there was one for right after Mv release. :D

In the future, I will be creating a dedicated scene that will use regular command windows - or at least will allow the use of both keyboard and mouse. :)

JosephSeraph likes this.
  7. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am really interested in using this plug-in, but for some reason, the toggle does not show up at all on the status screen. I turned off all other plug-ins and it still won't work.. Is there something I'm missing?

8. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You are using mvcommons, dmv core, and this plugin? and have the image in the img/system folder? 

If so, your resolution must be smaller than default? try setting the window toggle and regular x position to a lower value.

Let me know. :)

9. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Dur. Forgot the cores... xD

10. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As long as its all working now :D

wrigty12 likes this.
  11. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    After having installed this plug in, when I try to open the Main Menu I get the following error message:

Type Error

Cannot read property '0' of undefined

Is there something that I need to configure in the default settings?

I have both the MVCommons and your Core plugins installed.

Thanks

12. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nope, should not need to configure a single thing, no errors should happen at all.

Additionally - this system does nothing to the main menu, so I suspect its some other plugin causing the issue. Could you tell me the other plugins you are using if any? And if this is a blank project, I really have no idea :/

So many people keep having these strange issues with my plugins - and every one of them is plug n play, so idk.. :p

13. Knightmare

Knightmare Knight of the Night Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not working for me either.  I have MVCommons, DMV Core, and this and no other scripts plugins, also have the image in img/system folder.  Tried also adjusting x position like the other person who was having an issue and still doesn't work.  Not sure if this means anything but in the plugin editor I keep seeing </span></td> on almost every line in the MVCommons, DMV Core, and this plugin but don't see that sort of thing on any other plugins (even though the rest are OFF). 

14. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Where are you seeing the <span>'s and such?

Can you run the game with your console opened (F8) and paste the contents of the console for me to see. :)

15. Knightmare

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the fast reply.  I see the </span></td> in the plugin manager at the end of the author box and the description box and after every line in the parameter box of this plugin.

Here's the screenie. 

Capture.PNG

16. pclaydon

pclaydon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ok just so you know your script states that its called DMV_MapMenuButtons.js but it needs to be called DMV_Stat_ParamDistribute.js otherwise it dont work

?????? likes this.
  17. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ok, so none of those scripts are loading.  I am assuming their files have not been saved correctly or something like that.  How did you download the script? Like, talk me through the process of "you going to github <-> putting the plugin in your game".

Example:

After going to https://github.com/Dekita/DMV, and selecting the plugin link for your desired plugin, it would open up a page like this:

https://github.com/Dekita/DMV/blob/master/DMV_Stat_ParamDistribute.js

From that page, you can either attempt to copy from that page - which is what i think you may have done - or, you can click 'raw' and view only the source code, like this: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Dekita/DMV/master/DMV_Stat_ParamDistribute.js

Then, you simple use a text editor such as notepad++ or Sublime Text 3 (both are free, and awesome) to paste the code into a new file, and save the file with the desired plugin name. in this example, that would be: DMV_Stat_ParamDistribute.js

Of course, you then put the plugin into your game folders plugins folder, and load it up in the game editor, and it should show as normal.

All of those <span> tags are html tags and have nothing to do with javascript code, so they shouldnt be there at all - and as you are getting errors for lines that should be script headers, its likely there is things on those lines that should not be there. :)

Let me know. ^_^

Edit: and i fixed the header issue on the script, thanks for pointing it out. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  18. Knightmare

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh now I see.  I was saving them wrong.  I was right clicking "Save Link As" and it saved it to a .js file so I thought I was doing it correctly.  I tried it the way you outlined and got it to work correctly with notepad++.

Works great now with no errors.  I looked through the code a couple times and couldn't find where it draws the icons because I was wanting to use different icons for the stats since I'll be naming them differently than the default.  Is there a way to do that that I'm not aware of?  If not if you could point out the approximate line numbers in the code I think I can figure it out.  If not I'll keep looking for it and should find it eventually.  Thanks for your help Dekita.

?????? likes this.
  19. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    line 612 of the script rads as follows:

var button = DMV.createIconButton(48 + i, 56 + i, this);the 48 and 56 are the base numbers used to determine the position of the default stat icons. The + i, is basically adding the index position, ie, 0, 1,2 3, 4, 5... Hope that helps out.

20. Knightmare

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds good.  I think I can manage from there.  Thank you again. 

?????? likes this.