??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey there, thanks for your interest in the script :)

This system actually uses a forumla to determine the value of available distribution points for the actors - the formula can be changed via notetags of the plugin settings - more details in the plugin settings section. :D

Mortalis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Took some tuning, but I got it down to my specs, one more question, is there a way to remove stats that you don't want points spent on? Such as removing the HP and MP, so only the ATK, DEF, and so on are available?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just move the buttons outwith of the visible game screen? :)

Skywindz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I currently have an issue here.

TypeError - Cannot read property 'refresh' of undefined.

It happens after clicking any icon from distribution trying to increase stats.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Nh7LSmS.png[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Interesting.. Do you have a custom status scene?

The only two windows that my system refreshes, is the distribution window itself, and the main scene status window. The error you are getting is because it cannot refresh one of those two.

Skywindz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Interesting.. Do you have a custom status scene?

The only two windows that my system refreshes, is the distribution window itself, and the main scene status window. The error you are getting is because it cannot refresh one of those two.
Yes unfortunately.

Found the problem.

JAH_StatusMenuCore made the plugin incompatibility and prevent it from refresh.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
All you would have to do is find the name of the variable he uses for the _statusWindow and change that within my script. :)

Skywindz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Edit: They fixed it some how.

So I don't need any other things to fix. 
Since they fixed it.

Thanks though.

Great plugin as well :3

leonaminov

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi,
The script works fine but I don't see any button to 'save' the new stats. They can be readjusted all the time. Unless I'm missing something

Besides that it's a great script

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, the stats are always able to be distributed. :)

If you wanted though, you could quite easily move the 'stat down buttons' out of the visible screen area. At which point players would not longer be able to trigger the down functionality. :D

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, the stats are always able to be distributed. :)

If you wanted though, you could quite easily move the 'stat down buttons' out of the visible screen area. At which point players would not longer be able to trigger the down functionality. :D
Hello Dekita! Just wanted to say: GREAT WORK! I love stat distribution and it was always something somewhat lacking in the community and such an early release is really awesome and not to mention how nice and smooth it looks! I just have a question.

Is it possible for you to make an add-on to not allow the player to adjust the stat points distributed once they have exited the Status screen of an actor? The reason for this is most if not all stat distribution systems usually do not allow later game adjusting as this can make the game ridiculously unfair as you can just adjust all your stat points to a specific stat just to get over a boss or something like that and I can't for the life of me, allow the player to do that! haha One other thing that comes to mind is maybe its easier for you to make it so you can change the stats but only for that actors current level? And also the stat remove buttons are useful as they can allow the player to take back some points they make a mistake on and also it complements your nice little window/toggle idea.

Thanks for the plugin and I really hope I can use this in my game! Great Work! :)

*Oh and maybe an ON/OFF option to restrict stat increases on level-up and leave it to the distribution would be useful too.

jet_black

Hopeless & Hardboiled
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I also stumbled over this plugin while looking for a plugin that will make it possible to manually increase stats with points on level up and not have it automatically. Just like in the pen & paper games. And if you´d be able to adjust all the time, that won´t be good. I would only like to have it completely adjustable at character creation (which I don´t need in my case) and on level up, you can increase every stat, but you could only decrease the stats that you just increased and only to the value it was on level up. 

Would that be possible? Would it even be possible to add a custom stat so it can be changed? This would be so awesome as I am waiting for something like that since the day MV came out.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It wouldnt be overly difficult to make the system only accessable at the start of the game, or at certain points in the game. But i think that would have to be something you added yourself - I am trying to only make changes that are general that a lot of projects can benefit from, and that kinda feels more project specific.

As for adding custom stats, its possible, but it would require some heavy tinkering - probably just as easy to just write a custom stat system and then make compatibility for this one and that one. :p

demonwalker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Dekita,

I am trying to use your plugin and received the following error as in the screenshot. I have no other plugins/scripts running.

Please find the image of error and the F8 screen of the same.

Looking forward to hear from you to solve the issue.

Thanks.

stat1.JPG

stat2.JPG

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i think you have to have the minimums for each stat at 1 for the plug in to work

demonwalker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi,

I don't have any 0 in my values at all. I just have the default settings and haven't changed a thing. >_>

stat3.JPG

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you possess the core and the MV commons plug ins above it? also do you possess the picture?

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmmmm...... wait do you have those two plug ins turned off? or are they turned on cuase your initial post says only the distribution was turned on

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.
That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.
When I open my project and I'm like, hell yeah.
Some drawings I made in Lapis, one day I intend to involve them in some RPG Maker project.
* maybe two wall frames
*or some sprite flower tiara, or maybe it inspires someone to do something.
bdd19b62e539d17b3b00cc3d63034f7d.jpg

fcca5c8471b34483da8e032cfe579275.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jairowind