Do events with "wait" commands always remain in sync in RMMV?

ladylannistarth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

I have been doing a lot of scene work recently in RPG Maker MV, and using a LOT of wait commands for pacing, etc. Basically, I rely on wait commands a lot.

Today a friend brought up the possibility of the wait commands going out of sync if someone has a faster or slower computer and played my game. Though they say they don't know enough about the RMMV engine to know this for a fact, which I decided to post a thread and ask here.

Is this something I need to be aware of, or is this something that won't be an issue with using wait commands in RMMV? I thought it'd be best to ask now, so that I don't have any potential surprises down the line! Thanks in advance to anyone who answers my question!

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
:kaohi: I think it should be fine and the game will compensate, unless your project is running on a very old version of the core scripts (pre-v1.3?). You can do a quick check by opening your project's js/rpg_core.js file in a text editor, the version number should be on the second line, e.g.
JavaScript:
// rpg_core.js v1.6.2
If necessary you can update your project's core scripts by following the update instructions found here:
By default, certain aspects (e.g. play time tracker) may mess up on setups with a high refresh rate (e.g. 144 Hz monitor) due to being bound to the render cycle rather than the scene updates. For a fix, see here:

Technical explanation: the engine attempts to render once per browser frame, which can vary depending on browser implementation (typically it will match the refresh rate of the output device). The game data, however, is limited to 60 updates per second, via SceneManager updates. If the render cycle drops below 60 FPS, the game data is updated multiple times per frame as needed.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Today a friend brought up the possibility of the wait commands going out of sync if someone has a faster or slower computer and played my game.
How slow/fast someone's computer is will not affect the event command out of sync. How the event command is handled is executed sequentially. It will not skip the event command until it is finished.

The possible glitch that if someone has a slower computer is the image or sound is not loaded at the right time. Or the possibility that the frame rate drops. Note that the FPS drops mean it just the graphic rendering function that fails to catch up, but the actual flow of the game will not out of sync.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all,

I have been doing a lot of scene work recently in RPG Maker MV, and using a LOT of wait commands for pacing, etc. Basically, I rely on wait commands a lot.

Today a friend brought up the possibility of the wait commands going out of sync if someone has a faster or slower computer and played my game. Though they say they don't know enough about the RMMV engine to know this for a fact, which I decided to post a thread and ask here.

Is this something I need to be aware of, or is this something that won't be an issue with using wait commands in RMMV? I thought it'd be best to ask now, so that I don't have any potential surprises down the line! Thanks in advance to anyone who answers my question!
Short answer: No.

Long answer:
Absolutely not.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I found a book about game localization. It costs R$708,00 on Amazon. ;_;
I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
Play test of my current progress on Happy Camper
Cutscene Contest Winners have been announced!

I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! My dad and I have forgiven each other, so we're planning to spend Spring Break together. We'll probably go to SeaWorld and Aquatica one day, and maybe even use my air fryer to make something to go with Dad's grilled steak. The train leaves tomorrow, and I'll be working on my game on board!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinthea