Do I have to make a copy of my project if I'm installing a new version?

tuskel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Estonian
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Sorry, didn't really know where to put this...

I bought XP on Steam just now (because it's on sale! yay!), and I realised I had downloaded the trial from here... As the title says, if I install it, do I have to make a copy of my project so it does not get overwritten? It's in My Documents, so I don't really see how new install could access it, but just in case... I don't want to lose all I have done and learned.

Thanks,

tuskel,

sincerely

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's in My Documents, so I don't really see how new install could access it, but just in case... I don't want to lose all I have done and learned.
It could, as long as you're using the same user or a user with higher privileges...

Anyway, unless you make a new project with the same name and allowed it to overwrite the old one, you shouldn't have any problems. Installing another version of the engine doesn't auto-create a new project

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not neccessary - that's why it is in "my documents". You only risk loosing data on deinstalling and then only if its in the program folder itself.

And you can install both steam and non-steam parallel to each other, no need to deinstall the trial.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My home state baseball team is going back to the World Series for the first time since 1999. I remember when they went in 1995 and won, that was like the best day of my life. (I'm a huge baseball fan and yes I'm talking about the Braves).
FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<
The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBXO