Do I have to make a copy of my project if I'm installing a new version?

tuskel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Estonian
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Sorry, didn't really know where to put this...

I bought XP on Steam just now (because it's on sale! yay!), and I realised I had downloaded the trial from here... As the title says, if I install it, do I have to make a copy of my project so it does not get overwritten? It's in My Documents, so I don't really see how new install could access it, but just in case... I don't want to lose all I have done and learned.

Thanks,

tuskel,

sincerely

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's in My Documents, so I don't really see how new install could access it, but just in case... I don't want to lose all I have done and learned.
It could, as long as you're using the same user or a user with higher privileges...

Anyway, unless you make a new project with the same name and allowed it to overwrite the old one, you shouldn't have any problems. Installing another version of the engine doesn't auto-create a new project

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not neccessary - that's why it is in "my documents". You only risk loosing data on deinstalling and then only if its in the program folder itself.

And you can install both steam and non-steam parallel to each other, no need to deinstall the trial.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got a windowskin working nicely to go with Mog's menu plugins.
p8BE5bj.png

tsD4gZS.png

nwpeK84.png
Just getting started on RPG maker and having a blast!
I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahbsz