Spence

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
i don't use much of the mobile, it's mostly for whatsapp, online banking, a little internet search (mostly text), occasionally i use discord, and i read a lot of books

the apps i use: f-stop gallery pro, "simple" apps, open camera, color note, Moon+ Reader Pro, A Better Camera Unlocked, cozy drive, aimp music player

i was about to buy the motorola E6 play, mostly because it has what i need, it comes with stock rom (no bloatware - so no need to root and unbloat) and it has a 5.5 display (i dislike the 6 inch + screens)

but there is a BUT, it comes with android 9 pie, and motorola already stated it will not receive an update to version 10 (none of the E6 series will get v. 10)

i intend to keep this mobile for about 4 to 5 years, and considering that android 5 is still good enough for light use and app compatibility, until android 9 becomes obsolete (when app can't istall on it anymore) that will be the time to replace the mobile anyways
so my question is, should i really be bothered not getting the android 10 update? or is it irrelevant?

would like to hear opinions

thanks a lot!

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have on my huawei Android 9 and I read some info's about android 10, there are not that much differences between them, so you can rest easy, android 9 will be enough for that amount of time you mentioned.

mariopepper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have on my huawei Android 9 and I read some info's about android 10, there are not that much differences between them, so you can rest easy, android 9 will be enough for that amount of time you mentioned.
I also own a Huawei with android 9 and I'm fully agree with you. Almost no difference

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This depends on your needs. The difference between Android 9 and Android 10 is almost nonexistent for the average user. Personally, I like the latest cause I can use the mod apps such as Whatsapp GB

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjjjjamjam