Do I need to put the RPG Maker license info in my copyright section of my page on steam?

PKayge

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm getting ready to release a game on steam with RPGMaker VXAce and the Steamworks has a spot for copyright info. I did not use any DLC, or sources from outside RPG Maker. Is there a normal license agreement I need to include on my Store Page or is that strictly for any information as it relates to my specific titles such as names and places?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
You could by curtesy but I'd definitely put it into the in-game credits.

I think when I search for RPGMaker DLCs I fall on many RPGMaker made games because somebody did that.

I am puzzled as why no mod got interested yet to answer it. It definitely has its pro and con.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't see why you would include licensing information for assets you purchased in the field for your copyright of your game.
The only requirement for a game made with RPG Maker is to include the specific text from the EULA in your game's credits.

PKayge

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for the information. I didn't realize I forgot to reply to this but I appreciate everyone's feedback @ATT_Turan @Marquise* .

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Switch actor positions during battle
Download
01010.PNG
SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fturmine