HelasRoas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Working on a crafting game where the focus will be able to sell you items you craft to other players of the game and sell also them item you get from hunting monsters. I ha e a good amount of the backend server side work done and I was thinking in adding in a chat room to the game. My questions is does.any one know if if I have a chatroom I the game if the chats have to be saved to the sever for anything if like a later is harassing some one via chat. If the chat room does need to be saved I will build in fourms over customer chat room

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"have to"? I am not a lawyer, but I don't know of any legal requirement that chat rooms save logs, and nothing came up when I Googled it.

HelasRoas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same with the Google thing I found some stuff saying yes and others saying no.

MoonBunny

:^)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would contact a lawyer or other provider of legal advice, rather than a forum.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same with the Google thing I found some stuff saying yes and others saying no.
Out of curiosity, what did you find saying yes? I even came upon Stack Exchange, a large professional site, that explicitly says they don't log chats under certain threshold conditions...and I haven't found anything that says you do (which you would expect to find if there were any actual law).
I would contact a lawyer or other provider of legal advice, rather than a forum.
This is always the correct answer for anything legal.

HelasRoas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On cell will link back but if a person makes a threat to themselves or others it needs to be reported and log for proof

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:
It's been that long since I wrote a plugin, it took me 4 attempts to realize it's != rather than #. In a 40-line plugin, 20 of those lines being documentation!
Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
will-o-wistful