Murg1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am very deep into developing an RPGmaker game. I am really starting to build ALOT of stuff around switches, self switches and variables.

Just to be clear, do switches, self switches and variables ever reset themselves for any reason? Or are all switch and variable changes saved in the save files forever?

If my switches and variables start resetting themselves my game will fall apart.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They don't.

Tigerawr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They're not supposed to. If this happen, you've got some debugging to do.

Murg1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay perfect. Thank you.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The only way a switch/variable can reset is:

-If a plug-in forces it to. That is usually because the plug-in uses that switch or variable internally and you are not supposed to touch it except when the plug-in tells you to.

-You accidentally used it again and forgot it was already in use.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
On bgillisp's last point about accidentally reusing a switch - always, always, name your switches so that you both know what that switch does (after a few months & endless hours of working on the game it is very easy to forget that) and you won't re-use it thinking it's still available.

Neo_Kum0rius_6000

Not Your Ordinary Guy!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am very deep into developing an RPGmaker game. I am really starting to build ALOT of stuff around switches, self switches and variables.

Just to be clear, do switches, self switches and variables ever reset themselves for any reason? Or are all switch and variable changes saved in the save files forever?

If my switches and variables start resetting themselves my game will fall apart.
No they keep.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a showcase of layers of visual effects I've added over a scene. By stripping them off, one by one. :kaoblush:

Aaaaand, here's me working on the above scene, adding weather effects to it: :kaoeh:

DamageActor1_2.png added!
index.php

Krow and Dova's Cool New Game | Release Trailer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumeiaverage