Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Normally I like cutscenes, if they dont happen every 5 minutes.
I played a game once where this was the case, at least it felt so.
Also there should be a option to skip them, unskippable intros are really annoying.

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the best examples are Metal Gear Solid 4, its a great game but ....75% are cutscenes.... it drags after a while, for example crawl under a truck and cutscene...
Telltale game.... better Telltale's interactive movies, which are ... all cutscene, interactive movies as you can choose diaglogue options thats it, you'll be watching 90% cutscenes XD

Cutscenes are good, they're needed, sometimes its great to have a breather if you played a hard game.

The most annoying Cutscenes are the one with QTE's, when i put the controller down to see what happens you have to mash X like no tommorow, it annoys me.

For example, Tales of the Abyss had the right amount of cutscenes, only during crucial moments, thats it. and i like it.

If there are too many cutscenes its annoying and i have this urge to skip it...

readydotexe

Low class wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have played all the MGS saga, and there's a TON of cutscenes in the metal gear solid games like @Gallia said, but most of them I like, it became sorta like a prize you win for advancing the game, I think that's the best purpose of a cutscene, but yeah I do hate the ones that are unskipabble, but the one I despise with all my soul are the ones that cannot be paused

DestinyBattle

Final Fantasy Nut
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I love cutscenes. They add a cinematic feel to the game, which is always nice. My only qualm is if cutscenes dominate the game, (especially in JRPGs or WRPGs).

Ebontope

Plays video games too much to be productive.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree with DestinyBattle. Cinematics are a great way to highlight the story of your game and get yourself engaged, but it becomes off-putting if there are too much or if they go on for too long. You're supposed to be playing a game, not watching a movie.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...
Fricken hell! I dropped a bowl with mac and spam on my brothers floor, and was going to put leftover mac with whatever was still safe in there. It was only after I added the leftover mac that my brother told me he put floor noodles in there, now I wasted my planned dinner for tomorrow!
How to make a cool character 101: Create a messy plot, make the character said "all according to the plan", then somehow the problem is solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragy