Do you have a #1 favorite game? Which one?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PedroVGM, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to answer to several people, either use multiquote (the plus sign) or don't quote and use @.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
It's Chrono Cross

Very nice choice. Even today I like to listen to its OST. Story, Graphics (for PS) and Gameplay was also amazing. 

The only thing that I didn't like - some characters. Prefer human being ones, and grown ones. With some exceptions as Vivi and Fran :)

My personal choice of #1 game is Final Fantasy X. Loved the battle system, characters, story, music, just everything. 

There are too many video games I would rate 10/10, so many masterpieces. 

Confederacy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
XCOM: Apocalypse - unfortunately I haven't been able to play it for a long time because it's difficult to get to run on current computers.
Have you tried the GoG or Steam versions? I know they come supplied with Dosbox so it should just be a simple pick up and play process. At least that was the case with the original two for me.

As for my favorite game,

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2

Well, time to replay the whole series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried the GoG or Steam versions? I know they come supplied with Dosbox so it should just be a simple pick up and play process. At least that was the case with the original two for me.
I have both the original and the steam version, but it always had a problem with certain graphic drivers not correctly updating. The Steam version worked on a modern notebook that unfortunately was damaged a year ago and wasn't repairable, on my main computer the screen update problem makes it unplayable.

Melimeli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I love fftactics! ^^

I played all of them, and loved them all. No reason to stop now!

CyBardo

Cyber Dino
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mine would be Final Fantasy 5! <3

Released at my very year of birth, and it was my first Final Fantasy game. Awesome Job System, Gilgamesh and Bartz bromance, and "MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA GALUF!"

Just some of the reasons why I love that game forever. >w<

Another big reason.

Mahoroba Final Fantasy Songbook - #9 - Evanescence (Utakata - うたかた )

Based off of "My Home Sweet Home", Bartz town's theme, which I love~

Last edited by a moderator:

Misaki

Pikalyze
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

It's something I remember that I couldn't ever put down for a long time - the story was easy to understand and surprisingly deep.

The DO!

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Either Dank Souls, Tekken, FF8, Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, Persona 3, Persona 4, or Resident Evil: Outbreak 1 and 2.

I love those games too much that I had to include them all

KeeganKLM

Noobish Adventurer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rogue Galaxy for life, I will never change my opinion on that being my favorite game.

It not only had great music, story, and visuals(for how old it was, it's not very good compared to modern games), but it also had several mechanics that made the game overly enjoyable to play. Heck, the Insectron Tournaments might as well have been a different game entirely! It's also cool cause the other mechanics aren't necessary, they're there if you want them, but otherwise, you can skip them entirely if you really felt like it. Which, for how cool they are, you really wouldn't.

kaboth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Final Fantasy XIV

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Final Fantasy 3/6 for the SNES, it was one of the first rpgs I ever played and the first one I got emotionaly invested in.

When Kefka destroyed the world, I was actually REALLY pissed off at him!XD

and it stands as my favorite rpg of all time to this date, a few have come close to being better but nothing is better than FF3/6.

LunarClassic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We're in 2016 and there's two games I cannot get over.

- Hard Corps: Uprising <-- Most favorite of all time

- Yume Nikki  <--- Favorite RPG Maker game of all time.

They're both so excellent and unique experiences to me. Specially for how atmospheric Yume Nikki is. Hard Corps: Uprising is a brilliant take on the CONTRA series by Konami and ended up being the best action platformer Run n Gun game I've ever played.

Cyreides

Producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Spyro 2/3 tbh

Probably like FF7/8/9/CC the best next

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think I'll have to go with the Zero Escape Series :)

LaFlibuste

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I think I'd have to go with Chrono Trigger. The plot was really well put together, consistant and efficient, the gameplay was effective and interesting, the music was excellent, the pacing was great, the difficulty level felt just right. It feels a bit outdated around some edges but I think it's an excellent design example of the "KISS" or "Less is more" ideologies. I've played through it dozens of times.

SteveChopz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
There is only one game that I have a really really big love for and has been my #1 for a while now.

That game is Persona 4 Golden.

That game is just perfect in my eyes and is the pinnacle of JRPG design.

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any Sonic game would do for me. XD At one point it was Sonic Heroes that I would replay non-stop then Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations. Finally, there's Sonic Riders and Sonic Racing Star Transformed. I don't get bored of these. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!
Inside you are two wolves. They take in oxygen while getting rid of the Co2 gas in your body...
Ah wait, sorry. Lungs. Not wolves. that'd be silly. Wolves are huge. You probably couldnt even fit one wolf inside you.
Tag: hack and slash | gameplay: point and click. Me: "How tf two are related to each other?"
I picked up For The King in a Humble Bundle sale, and one mechanic that stuck out to me was a physical change to the world map when finishing a side quest. That got me thinking about special map-effect rewards for certain side quests in my game.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cremo