Do you have a #1 favorite game? Which one?

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have two:

1 Final Fantasy 9

2 Little Big Adventure

Final fantasy 9 thought me all about strong stories and character interactions, the awesomeness of furry characters and worldbuilding.

Little big adventure thought me all about emotional impact, the heroes journey and even more worldbuilding.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
After all the years and all the great games I've played I'd still give Suikoden II a special place, because it still influences my game making choices and what I like about games till today.

Beside that, I've a long, long list of favorites. With special places to some Nintendo titles like Zelda, Pokemon, Mario Kart and Smash Bros due to all the precious memories.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Number one, eh? Dang it, why must you guys ask such hard questions? I have a few though:

Sonic Adventure (Yes I prefer one over two) 

VVVVVV

Drawn to Life (really good story)

Dragcon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My number 1 favorite game of all time has to be Final Fantasy VI for SNES. I still play through it at least once a year.. and at very close second Chrono Trigger

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well... My absolutely love is Final Fantasy X - First RPG I have ever played for real, I love the story and the gameplay, plus me and my husband started to fall in love while I was helping him with this game >.< weird but true
Then - Dark Souls II. I mean, I like the first too, but DSII is more appealing to me. NG++ yey!

Demiurge

404: Title not found
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well... My absolutely love is Final Fantasy X - First RPG I have ever played for real, I love the story and the gameplay, plus me and my husband started to fall in love while I was helping him with this game >.< weird but true
Then - Dark Souls II. I mean, I like the first too, but DSII is more appealing to me. NG++ yey!
You literally stole what I was about to say (minus the husband part). :p
Final Fantasy X was my first RPG and the one that made me fall in love with the series and the genre.
I've played many "better" games since then but that one will always have a special place in my heart.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Hmmmmm... Kingdom Hearts BBS

Orb

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Shadow of the Colossus is, without any doubt, my favorite game of all times. Its simplicity makes it a game worth playing, especially for such a wonderful ending. It is the perfect combination of all the things I enjoy in a game, and resembles to Zelda somewhat, but with a more indie aspect

AskaRay

Tired Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

it was my second Zelda game, so obviously there's a bit of the nostalgia to it, but it's not just that. I've played the remake and I still love it. It's a great sidequest: the game with really horrific elements to it once you think about it. I just.
I love it.

roiaa

Freelance artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Ran online - characters , gameplay environments and Community

bkavoo

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Prince of Persia, BlackThorne, FIFA, God of War, Mario Brothers, Street Fighter!

Rayhaku808

Chubbizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
#1? Only one game comes to mind for me right now and that’s Gotcha Force lol

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NieR Gestalt/Replicant, or Automata will do for me.

Ebontope

Plays video games too much to be productive.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I'd have to pick an all-time favourite, it'd be WoW: Wrath of the Lich King. I absolutely loved the game back in the day, but sadly it's moved on well past the good old days, and private servers just aren't the same.

Aside from that though, I very much enjoy Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 14, and Warcraft 3.

DestinyBattle

Final Fantasy Nut
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Final Fantasy VI, for me. It changed my life in many ways.

A close second is Final Fantasy VII. It changed gaming on a wide scale more than any RPG, aside maybe Dragon Warrior 1.

A close third is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. 1997 was a great year for games, huh?! xD

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I'm switching FF Dimensions as tied for 5th for tied for first, I just can't stop replaying it. I love it so much.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hard to say, but I do remember as a kid playing Wing Commander 4 so many times in one year I had most of the FMV scenes memorized word for word.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it would be Harvest Moon N64 and/or Harvest Moon: Back to Nature for PSX for me.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Draw, between the original Pokemon Blue and the original Guild Wars.
I am a sucker for collecting stuff and making builds, be it monsters or skills.
If I really have to break the draw it would be Guild Wars, I played that way more than Pokemon, Pokemon had hundreds of hours, GW thousands. Though if I'd be fair and count the entire franchise, it'd be a draw once more, since all those pokemon games add up, let alone non main game spinoffs like Stadium, Snap, XD... also played the TCG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?
Damian Floyd increased the grand prize for the Driftwood Jam to a $75 steam GC!!! Thank you Damion! :)
Is everybody using their imagination?
5th Annual Driftwood Jam! $25 Steam gift card grand prize :D https://itch.io/jam/5adj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrzo