Do you have a #1 favorite game? Which one?

HawkZombie

Lord of Shadow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Longest Journey. I saw it in a Software Etc (back when those still existed) in the states. Just this lonely PC game on the bottom shelf. I'd always loved adventure games, but the realms of Stark and Arcadia just...sucked me in and never let go.

If I'd have to pick an all-time favourite, it'd be WoW: Wrath of the Lich King. I absolutely loved the game back in the day, but sadly it's moved on well past the good old days, and private servers just aren't the same.

Aside from that though, I very much enjoy Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 14, and Warcraft 3.
Oh man...WotLK was my fave expansion ever as well.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I dont have statistics, there are only games I like and the games I dislike.
But if I would have to choose one game to play until eternity it would be Breath of Fire 3.
So I guess it could be called my favorite game.^^

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've played a lot of games, and really having to choose one as my favorite from the many I have come to enjoy playing is very difficult. I have too many favorites to give the grand prize to just one. The RPG genre takes the cake, though, so you can bet that those of my favorites surely must be RPGs. Yeah, I'm an RPG freak.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My very favorite game is Little Big Adventure, a somewhat obscure isometric platformer/RPG.

It has a interesting "stance/mood system" and the setting of a dystopian dictatuship is really well done.

luizcubas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Pt-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This one is easy:

Age of Empires II

Even after 18 years of the release, Im still playing this game.:kaoluv:

@Canini, great choice. LBA was one of my favorite childhood game. Thanks to bring that good nostalgia feeling.:kaopride:

Palin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Final Fantasy 6. Epic fantasy. Great villain. Rich world. Character-depth... heroes that aren't the pristine "warriors of light". On top of that, 6 does it all without flashy cutscenes+voice acting. Some serious work had to go into this game to give it the power it still has today. I wasted so many hours of my childhood trying to recruit characters that weren't possible to get but the rumors said they were! oh boy.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sonic The Hedgehog 1

but then I became an adult, Eve Online.

but then I became obsessed with story's, DND paper and pen.

ooops, I fell out of liking digital games so much lol

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I apologize in advance, but... Final Fantasy VIII.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don´t see why you should apologize for that, the game is pretty great!

...Although the main character is really not very likable.

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only 'cause it gets a lot of hate.

Johnny_Retro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Secret of Mana!
Even got the greatest SNES Soundtrack!:D

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ogre Battle

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Uno card game where you can talk **** when your friends get bad luck, lol

JK, if we're talking about video game, it needs some qualify. The longest offline game I've played straight was Fallout 4, around 2 months for 2 times play through. It's definitely one of my fave games. But then I was pretty burnt out, and I didnt want to go back playing it again. Can I consider this as a number one?

I've played Unreal Tournament 1999 numerous times back in my childhood. Even though I only play with bots. But the sensation of beating the computer bots was good. But I can't get the same feeling while playing the successor of the game, namely UT2004 and UT3. Idk, I feel like the older one is still better. Can I consider this as a number one?

There're old dead DOS games I used to like them very much. Namely Star Control 2, and Master of Orion 1 & 2. Even though I'm not playing it right now, I heard some developer tried to revive the game back to this era. I'm quite excited to see the franchise back again, because of my good old memories I have, and the feeling of nostalgia. Can I consider these as a number one?

I'm currently playing Web/Mobile game called Granblue Fantasy for about 8 months. I'm not playing other game because I'm busy grinding here and there on that game. Or it's more like, I don't have time for other game. Can I consider this as a number one?

I can't say one, there're some video games I played and liked during their time on my life. Simply come and go, leave a good memories on me, moved on, liked other games, and loop.

Phelon

Unclockworked Mind
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol... am I a bit outdated being a 40?

well... UFO: Enemy unknown,
Dune & Dune II
Diablo & Diablo II
Secret of the Solstice - Online dead game =(
Resident Evil (1,2,3,4, Veronica)
and absolutely SILENT HILL (not all episodes)

I can mention lot of games btw... maybe we cannot chose just a single game, betwenn billions of games.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
probably Pokemon RSE (ORAS)

DestinyBattle

Final Fantasy Nut
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Final Fantasy VI for me.

So many amazing things in that game. XD The plot, the characters, the music, the art, the battle system, you name it. There's a reason why FF6 is heard when debates are being held for best RPG's of all time, if not, one of the best games of all time. Everything critical to a game it does exceedingly well, in my opinion. No real flaws.

Play that ****! XD

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey cool I just started a new file on FFVI earlier today. I love it too.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Chrono Trigger. Best RPG ever made. No game has even come close to what it accomplished. A few have tried to imitate it and done poorly (including its sequel).

Nope, I don't care that my opinion is biased. It's the best RPG ever made. Wanna fight about it?

Zealraid

Pixel Researcher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Breath Of Fire for sure,

If i have second i prefer monster rancher...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmenezes