Do you have a #1 favorite game? Which one?

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Favorited game of all time:
Final Fantasy IX. I loved the art style of the game, the characters, the story, the gameplay, everything about this game.

Games that I like to play now:
UFC 2, MMA Fighting game. One of the hardest game to figure out how to play it, but once it's learned, it becomes very fun game.
Infamous second son, the gameplay is simply amazing.

Zealraid

Pixel Researcher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Favorited game of all time:
Final Fantasy IX. I loved the art style of the game, the characters, the story, the gameplay, everything about this game.

Games that I like to play now:
UFC 2, MMA Fighting game. One of the hardest game to figure out how to play it, but once it's learned, it becomes very fun game.
Infamous second son, the gameplay is simply amazing.
Although my favourite is BOFIV, FF IX is my favourite final fantasy, it take us back to world like FF tactics, and even have lots of action, it have a lot romantic

Wandeiz

Soulector...
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pokemon Diamond is my favourite game ever. Although some peoople say it was too "slow" I was young and I loved it.
I tried Fortnite yesterday and I can see the appeal, however it really doesn't intrigues me.

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The first Baldur's Gate is my favorite, but no the "best" game I've played. It still transported away in a place that felt like home.:)

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Garry's Mod just because of how much you can do in it... and it can be really funny too.

S.Court

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My favorite game is Final Fantasy VI. I have played games with good stories, but none of them had the impact FF6 had in me. This game has a powerful message about hope and having a reason to keep living the life even in the worst case scenary arrived to my life in a moment when I really felt I was trapped in the life choices I have made (Not saying I went to suicidal thoughts point, but I arrived to a point when I didn't have a reson to try to have a better future)

This game is not perfect, it has serious balance issues, but it made me see videogames are more than just entretainment, they can act as a way to narrate stories can have even more poweful effects than a movie or a book. This is the game made want to start a game as well, and eventually umade me start the habit to disect game mechanics and thinking about how to improve them, which I think is something has helped me a lot in this path in game designing.

So yes, there is the reason why it's my favorite videogame ever, I wouldn't be in this forum if I didn't play Final Fantasy VI.

luzi

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV

ChristyTaut

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There are many not one but let me Name them one by one.
  1. Mario Games
  2. Ben 10
  3. Angry Birds
  4. Mini Militia
  5. Henry Stickman
  6. Many more :rhappy:

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I don't have a #1 game per-say due to my long-and-wide interests, but my #1's are genre based.
#1 RPG: Monster Hunter series
#1 Platformer: Azure Striker Gunvolt
#1 Mystery: Guilty Party (a hidden gem of the Wii- anyone with a classic Wii or a Wii U should try it.)
#1 Rhythm: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
#1 Sports: Mario Golf Advanced Tour (Nothing you say about Toadstool Tour or World Tour can change my mind on this)
#1 Casual: AdVenture Capitalist
#1 Mobile: Unison League (get over it, FF fans- Brave Exivus isn't my cup of tea)
#1 Art: Comic Workshop 2 (CW1 is good, but I can't live without my gradient fill tool)
#1 Bullet Hell: Enter the Gungeon
#1 Adventure: Zelda: BotW
#1 Anime-based (can that be a genre?): Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 on PS2
#1 Fighter: Super Smash Bros Brawl

NicholasNC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Nicholas
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dark souls 2 for me by far never been so pulled in by a single player game

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, hmmm

Well, console wise, that would be Ratchet and Clank (Played the first three countless times. Could remember what I was playing and what I was watching along side.)

Computer wise, Mystery Case Files. I haven't been able to play all of them, and there's four-six that I need to buy (And one that has to be installed on an older machine since they haven't updated it for 10 even with a couple of hundred complaints.) And Bendy. :biggrin:

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Chrono Trigger
If I have to explain why, let me go and buy a can of whoop (you know the rest).

Jello92

Perpetual Newb
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a tough question, but I'm gonna have to go with Suikoden II. I get distracted and have to start over, meaning I almost never make it to the end of the game. Suikoden II was the first that I ever finished. Fallout 2 might be a close second, but I kept restarting because I wanted to try something different. Got burnt out on the first half of the game.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
NieR Gestalt

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Seiken Densetsu 3.

Is old as hell, but danm, I loved that game. My heart clenched the first time I finished it together with my brother.

Another one is Chrono Trigger.

Ah, the classics.

Last edited:

Felicea

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uh that's a tough one... there are a few games I absolutely love.

MediEvil I & II
Final Fantasy VI
Grandia
Story of Seasons (and the old Harvest Moon games)
all main Pokémon games
Uncharted 4 A Thiefs End

But if I really had to decide I guess it would be a tie between MediEvil I and Final Fantasy VI.

iVale

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dead Space series! Man, I hope they bring that back...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Time flies by... already 1/6th of the calendar released :o
Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HolyNova