TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would but what if I need two sets of B or C.
Speaking of which, here is mine.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Scripting is my poem :D

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, what? C for characters in tileset? What for? And it can't be animated on tileset, so I think I don't get it.

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, what? C for characters in tileset? What for? And it can't be animated on tileset, so I think I don't get it.
Well, yes... Character in my tileset is short for "Main Character Interaction" here... So things the player can activate. Like an end table or dresser for loot or a sink for water. An ATM to withdraw money. An arcade to play a mini game. And so on. I do not actually put characters in there, but interactive tiles. (Basically tiles I use in events, not in the map itself)

"Objects" would have been a better title, but it goes A, B, C, D, E and not A, B, O, D, E, so that did not work. Hahahaha.

I can show you an example...

This is en edit of the Pop!Horor set (example made unusable with watermark, cause I am not allowed to share)
1622642583909.png

→Beds provide the option to sleep (heal 100% and skip time)
→Couches and chair provide the option to wait (heal slowly and skip time)
→The toilets and sinks provide the option to drink water, or fill/empty bottles. (Also healing)
→The counters activate the merchant (so activating a counter actually does activate a character)
Counters also change over time. (Beer bottle amount changes slowely, as if people are drinking them and ordering new ones.
→The computer activates special options in my game. (In my current game it offers theplayer to duplicate their cards)
→The arcades activate a minigame
→And the posters simply show a message with, or without an image (depending on the message)

They are not technically characters, but maybe now you understand why it was named as such. :p

Scripting is my poem :D
:p Wow, your script rhymes? That is skill! Hahaha.
Btw, your system looks great. I don't have an actual system... I have "a way to do things" is what I mean. My system is pot all area stuff in B, all interactive stuff in C, Doors, windows and paintings in D and misc in E. :p Hahaha.

Oh, I hope I did not come across as if I wrote my own script like you did. Because that was not what I meant.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, I hope I did not come across as if I wrote my own script like you did. Because that was not what I meant.
I know.
Actually, I came here just to flex my stuff and in case someone find it useful :p

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh lifting on my fame, hey? :p You're lifting with the wrong dev, man. I'm more infamous than famous here. :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The thing I don't like about VRMMORPG anime is that they're unrealistic. I mean, we know we have a lot of ping issues, latency, and desync. Would be funny if you shoot a player and they immediately teleport somewhere because "ha, your internet suck!".
I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cqrhyz