Do you or anyone you know have a superpower?

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some of us are blessed/cursed with highly specialized abilities. I seem to have a real knack for spotting sociopaths. Not the greatest superpower, but I reckon it has saved me some grief over the years.

I never knew anyone who could make themselves invisible or climb up walls, but I had a friend that almost always knew when someone was lying. It was amazing (almost supernatural at times), but she did screw up once, and we got ripped off by some guy whose ability to lie convincingly was greater than her ability to detect lies. I guess lying convincingly was his superpower.

So what is your (or your friend's) superpower?

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know some people here have a "superpower" to shut down a thread, or an intimidating blue text that makes some ppl think they get in trouble (wait, is this a superpower, right?).

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One of my friends is an insanely gifted musician. He's able to just pick up an investment and play it. Name a song, give him a couple of minutes, and he's playing the solo. It's amazing. And he's got pipes too.

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have the ability to reply to weird off-topic threads

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Indinera: well played.

Um...I have a very useless, extremely niche super power. I have superhuman dice luck, actually. I haven't tested it out in craps or any kind of gambling where it might be useful/profitable (knowing my real life luck, it probably wouldn't apply to gambling with dice) But playing any pen and paper roleplaying game, esp. when GMing, where you kind of want to roll average at best so that the PCs/other PCs can shine, I tend to have probability-shattering good luck with polyhedral dice.

Oh, and the "sample size" here is hundreds & hundreds of hours of this kind of roleplaying. Whatever it is, it's not a fluke. I haven't actually done the math but I think that my average lifetime roll on a d20 for instance is somewhere around 17. My dice luck is GOOD when I'm a player, like good enough to make the other PCs jealous, but when I'm GMing it goes beyond good to the point where I'm fudging like I didn't roll five consecutive natural 20s just to avoid killing the entire party.

I can also rotate my feet 90 degrees out, so that my heels are together and my toes are pointing out to the left and right, and walk that way.

marsatche

Strawbebby
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I switch. No context given.

Also I can still listen to mosquito ringtones. w

Omige

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I have the superpower to dream I have any kind of superpower.

Rogue Milk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well, when I eat cabbage and beans I become able to release a swift stream of rapid fire farts. I though it was just a ability but now I pretty sure it's a superpower.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm good-looking so I occasionally get extra street food from old ladies running food carts.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@standardplayer well, my main power is the ability to make trolls cry and run xD The umbrella thing is not a power... it's just a magical umbrella :D

Chocopyro

Just an intermediate leveled adventurer.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I create worlds.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To answer it seriously...

I have music / tunes / rythm, whatever you called playing endlessly inside my head. Unless I'm listening to actual music, in a quite place or in a crowd where music does not exist, notes are formed and evolving into music inside my head. So it's like I'm wearing earphone all the time.

It's seems to correspond to my mood. I've learned to keep it down and ignore it though. When I tried to focus, it make gibberish sound. But unconsciously, it sometimes formed good tunes.

Problem is, I'm not even adept in music, composing or audio engineering. I even have trouble comparing sound quality. It only exist inside my mind. I noticed it when I had argument with my sister that I swear I heard additional notes / instrument playing when I hear any song where my sister didn't catch any. So I guess it's only good that it boost the quality of any sound I heard.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the amazing power to alter my own perception of the flow of time. For example, I can sit in front of a computer and post on forums, play video games, watch streams, or just chat on discord and before I known it, the day has come and gone in a blink. Pretty useful superpower, huh?

PaladinRoxi

Dragon in a DeepSleep
Reaction score
First Language
English Only
Primarily Uses
Other
My friend who has great FNAF theories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

C&C Remastered comes out tomorrow! Hyped! Already have it preinstalled on Steam.
Its ironic, how often a person can have something smart to say, when their arrogance is originating from an internal vacuum where emotional intelligence belongs.
Parallax mapping is time consuming...
Let's purchase th... WAIT! Just in time ehehehe.
Excited with the idea of a new maker, but I imagine I'll probably be disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PICKLE_1