Do you plan to officially support 8-way movement and real time action in RMMV?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by nak, Jan 11, 2019.

1. nak

nak Warper Member

First Language:
    korea
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you plan to officially support 8-way movement and real time action in RMMV?
    You can see Steam's indie popular game, but the real time action in the topview game is quite big.
    A lot of users are looking for real-time action in Top View games and RPGs.
    It is also the part that I am most interested in and looking for personally.

There are several plugins that users have created, but most of them have crashes, bugs, and deprecation issues. (There are a lot of different features and different features, so I do not know what to write.)

If you have a large DLC with this added functionality, I am willing to pay for it.

2. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 Great Sorcerer Ainz Ooal Gown-sama Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The problem with real time battle is that it is a lot more complex than the current turn based battle system. More complex means more possibilities, more different mechanics, etc. It would extremely hard to create a general system that would accommodate all those different possibilities. That's why the best battle systems are usually those that are created specifically for a game and not general usage battle systems. To achieve a truly good and amazing battle system, I would suggest that you learn to code rather than counting on the possibility that others might or not create it for you.

As for the 8 direction movement, it isn't really hard to implement, so it would be rather easy to just incorporate it in RMMV or the next RM engine. However, I don't see that this is a major feature that is bothering either the developers or the players, therefore it shouldn't be very high on their priority list, that is if it is even on their list.

3. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Don't mix ABS with grid movement, and I will approve.

4. OmnislashXX

OmnislashXX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Who are "a lot of users"? More importantly, who are You? Who are you asking? Degica? The people who make RPGMaker?

Shaz likes this.
  5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Would these "lot of users" want to play a game made with RPG Maker? A "lot of users" turn their noses up at RPG Maker games.

There are plugins for other popular battle systems - popular because enough people have asked for them that someone got in and made them. If you can't find one for the kind of system you want, maybe there aren't that many people who want one.

What do you call a "large DLC" and what other things would it need to contain? What would you be willing to pay for it? A lot of people ask for heaps of resources and complicated changes to the engine, but are not really willing to pay very much at all.

6. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Pixel Game Maker MV is in early Alpha on Steam, its from the same Publisher and as far as i read it counts towards RPG Maker Series and you are allowed to use the Graphics and DLCs in that Engine. I was wondering why there is no mentioning of it on this Website, but maybe someone else can clarify. I have not tested it yet, so i cant tell how powerful it is in its currend state.
    content removed by mod

Edit: Sorry that idea wasnt the brightest of mine.
    Iam sure there are ways to achieve it also in RMMV.
    But where to get the 8dir Sprites? Or is it just 8dir Movement?
    Are 4dir Attacks enough or do you also need 8dir Attacks? Zelda seem to be 4 dir.
    8dir movement only for Player or also for certain NPC?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  7. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Bex While Pixel Game Maker is made by Kadokawa, it is not distributed by Degica, which is why it is not supported here. We've allowed a discussion on it in General Lounge, but we are not advertising it, nor providing support for it.

8. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @mlogan, but i can use all my rpg maker RTPs and DLCs in it? Atleast i got told that and it reads a little like that on the Steamsite. Am i wrong informed?

9. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Bex We don’t know yet, we are looking into it.

Bex likes this.
  10. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    It's a lot more complicated than that. You can use whatever they're providing with the engine but our DLC and all that stuff is not included in that.

Bex likes this.
  11. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Thank you for your answers you two.