Do you prefer the hot or cold weather?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by ThatChillingLittleKiddo, Jul 9, 2014.

1. lord_steak

lord_steak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Always been a cold weather machine.  I find it easier to warm up when cold than to cool off when hot.  Ohio is about as far south as I'm willing to live.

2. LongNammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme

LongNammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme MINE TURTLE Veteran

First Language:
    English
    i like both, hot and cold weather. do you wanna build a snowman, it doesn't have to be a snowman. 

3. Arkane609

Arkane609 Apprentice Member

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Cold weather please. Whenever the sun's up where I am, its always scorching hot. I simply walk around the neighborhood is enough for you to sweat like you've been excercising. Even if you have two fans set on full blase, you'll still sweat.

Alexander Amnell likes this.
  4. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    When I'm outside, I like it cold.

Inside, I like it nice and toasty.

5. enothehippie

enothehippie Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Having lived in Texas and Canada....( If I must choose one extreme or the other ) I enjoy hot weather. It's simpler for me to work out in hot weather, you have more freedom with your clothing too. I'm not a huge fan of snow. I actually had my car disappear under the magic dust once.

Scinaya likes this.
  6. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    o.o Uh, over 60, but under 80 degress, so middle of the road person.  I hate too hot, but I can put up with cold, with a nice blanket, of course.

7. Bitterbug

Bitterbug Nami-Swaaan~ Member

First Language:
    English
    Cold!

I prefer the feeling of being a bit chilly over the feeling of sweating my socks off. :p

Dreadshadow, Cadh20000 and Dalph like this.
  8. Alexander Amnell

Alexander Amnell Jaded Optimist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Considering that I live in Alabama I will go with 'cold' weather. A comparison if you will.

Hot weather brings with it mosquetos, chiggers(bloody-fricking-bastards!), ticks, snakes humidity and an overgrowth that requires me to perform various difficult upkeep chores around the house that require me to go out where all those things are and deal with them on a daily basis. 'cold' weather in Alabama removes all those nasty pests, makes breathing easier and stifles the growth that keeps me so invested elsewise. Not only this but down here cold weather is really a sort of joke. Sure, people who have never been anywhere else will complain about the discomfort of freezing; but in reality 99% of the time you could if you were so inclined walk around naked without fear of frostbite or any discomfort beyond that of actually being naked and chilly.

Which brings up another good point, no matter how cold it gets I can always put on more clothing or throw on a blanket, but when it comes to summer it isn't feasable for me to be taking of my pants/shirt and chilling in my underwear; even in the comfort of my own home anymore. So when it gets up to 110+ and the air conditioner isn't cutting it I have to remain wearing clothes that get drenched in sweat and become increasingly uncomfortable, while in winter in the rare occassions that it dips below 30 farenheit I merely throw on a sweater or curl up under a blanket with a good book. Cold weather definitely beats hot, at least here. If I lived somewhere with harsher winters and milder summers obviously I might be inclined to lean the other way.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    Cadh20000 and Dalph like this.
  9. Espon

Espon Lazy Creator Veteran

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I prefer the cold as I can always put more layers of clothing on if I need to.  I can't really do anything when it's hot and I hate the feeling of sweat... not to mention there's no annoying insects in the winter.  The mosquitoes here can turn any day miserable.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    Cadh20000 likes this.
  10. JeffreyMoon92

JeffreyMoon92 Future Pro Wrestling Grand Slam Champion Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    You can prepare for cold weather with warm clothes, but what can you do on a VERY hot sunny day? Flay yourself? :D

Cadh20000 likes this.
  11. Indinera

Indinera Indie Dev Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hot by a landslide.

Scinaya likes this.
  12. LongNammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme

LongNammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme MINE TURTLE Veteran

First Language:
    English
    LOL

Marsigne likes this.
  13. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I like Cold weathers because my pc doesn't overheat, I don't sweat buckets because of humid heat even while showering and I'm not a grumpy person ;w;

Dreadshadow and Cadh20000 like this.
  14. wallacethepig

wallacethepig Potato Mage Veteran

First Language:
    Piglish
    Cold. If I'm gonna spend all day inside anyway, I'd rather do it on a crummy day than a good one. Plus, I can bundle up as much as I want in cold weather, but there's a limit to "unbundling" in summer...

Oh, and did I mention that snow is really awesome?

-Wallace

Cadh20000 likes this.
  15. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I use to think I didn't care if it was cold or hot.. I liked the brief time of the year when it was just nice outside... I'm a southern gal and I'm use to it being hot and humid. I've lived in the heartland where it'd snow most of the winter, till it'd get to cold to snow. And I've lived in the hot deserts in the west. And now I've got to say... I'd much rather it be cold weather where I can put more on.. I can sleep through the nights with blankets on (not just a sheet and end up sweaty and waking up anyway), of course no swarms of bugs is always great. Being able to live in doors and the ac being able to keep the house a decent temp (not always the case here in the summers).

So cold.. I like cold weather. I love a good sunny day, which are less frequent in winter.. however if it's too hot to go out and enjoy a sunny day.. then what's the point anyway. But.. if it has to be hot, I'd rather it not be humid as well :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
    Cadh20000 likes this.
  16. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Cold because when it's hot, sometimes even if I remove all my clothes and stay in a cool room, it's still hot... While when it's cold, I have a lot more options...

17. whitesphere

whitesphere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I prefer a cool day (Fall), but of the two I prefer cold because there are many ways to get warm, but when too warm there aren't as many options to get cooled off.

As long as there aren't blizzards along with the cold, like 2 years ago when the power went out in 20 degree weather (heat?  Who needs that?). :-O

Susan and Cadh20000 like this.
  18. Scinaya

Scinaya ~ Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    I prefer hot weather. I dislike wearing thick layer of clothes; it feels suffocating and they don't really help me stay warm. When I get cold I stay cold and my own temperature doesn't seem to get the warmth back even in several hours. Aand taking every day long hot shower is just terribly wasteful. ;^; Having a reason to hold a hot cup of something in hands is nice though - hot chocolates and teas are wonderful<3 - and clear freezing winter days are beautiful! Still I would prefer to melt than to freeze.

Another reason I dislike winter, is that it is the dark season up here in the northern hemisphere, and that drains the energy from me. I wish I could just hibernate through it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  19. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Scin, I think you might be in the wrong country to dislike cold weather.

whitesphere and Scinaya like this.
  20. Scinaya

Scinaya ~ Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    @Touch: ;w; I know, right. What a shame am I for my ancestors.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014