RMMV Do you think this story sounds good?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

TLDR; Isakai'd into book world. Inspired by persona 5.​

(New) Summarized Plot​

Part Ø

Theseus has lost their memory and tries to recollect their past via tarot cards. While they're searching for their purpose. They come across multiple allies, companions, friends, & foes along the way. In doing so, it triggered brief flashbacks of their past. Once at the end of their journey, Theseus finally remembered their true self as the god of creation and destruction, or Theseus von Tenebris.

Part I

After the protagonist finishes reading the book, they're suddenly sucked into it. They investigate and figure out that they're inside the book 2 years after the events they read about. The protagonist starts to help the book people with their problems, hopping between the book world and the real world. In doing so, the protagonist finds new friends in both worlds to join them in their journey. The chain of problems soon lead to the protagonist knowing about Theseus' resurrection. The protagonist and company tries to stop Theseus' resurrection, but fails. The protagonist and company seeks out Theseus in order to ensure the peace and tranquility of the book world.

Part II

Finally the protagonist and company say their goodbyes to the people inside the book world, since they're living in peace and there would be no reason to go back. A month after the departure, all the animals near/in the town have been aggressive to the townsfolk. Especially towards the protagonist. One day while the protagonist' older cousin and the protagonist were walking, an animal appeared in front of the protagonist and spoke of Theseus' revival in the real world. They were concerned about Theseus' revival, because nobody has magic powers in the real world to assist them to take down Theseus. They fight several waves of enemies gathering the protagonist' friends along the way, whilst the group is on their way to stopping Theseus. The protagonist's older cousin tells The protagonist about the mythic pages and how they are the key to defeating Theseus, then he gives you the (old) mystic pages that he collected. The protagonist's older cousin tells the protagonist the truth. The truth of how he already experienced this multiple times, and how he rewrote the world with them in it, in order to save it. He tells them that they can use the book pages, like magic if they rip out the pages. The protagonist and company go back to the house to seek out a book. Once they do, they use one of it's pages to find Theseus, fighting multiple enemies along the way. Once they get there, Theseus is fully resurrected into the real world. The protagonist and company weakened Theseus and the protagonist used the power of the Scriptwriter along with the mythic pages in order to pave a future without Theseus wreaking havoc upon the world.

Bonus Part

The protagonist finds a weird picture in their room with them next to some kid smiling. They go to their mother to ask them about The topic, and she says that they are fraternal twins and that they're living at their father's house. The protagonist brings their older cousin with them to visit. Once there, the father says that the protagonist' twin is at his internship at ________. The protagonist and their older brother go to ________. Once they get there they ask if they can visit the protagonist' twin. They give them the thumbs up and go to the protagonist' twin. Once they get there they notice that there's nothing around but a book. They assumed that the protagonist’ twin got sucked into the book world and they followed suit. Once they go inside the world, they ask around about the protagonist' twin whereabouts, helping people along the way. Eventually they find the protagonist' twin. The protagonist' twin says that they want to help the people with _______ problem before he goes back to the real world. The Three of them helped take care of _______ problem and returned to the real world. Once back the protagonist' twin states that they want to join the protagonist in their journeys.

Part III

A few weeks after the fall of Theseus. Kale told them the truth about their world. That the current world they are living in another book. A replica of the original, in order to prepare them for the real challenge. Kale then goes on to explain that a

Theseus, just like the one they fought, runs rampant in the real world. He then goes on to explain that similar to the Theseus they fought. They cannot use magic. However, since they were born from the book, they can use the pages of the book as if it was magic. He warned them that in doing so, The protagonist will be taking the memories from those they know and love. Kale then goes on to tell the protagonist that he cannot accompany them to the real world. Since he wrote the book world similar to real life, he cannot use his Writer abilities in the ‘real world’ to get to the real world. With that out-of-the-way. He mentally prepares himself for what’s to come of the world he lives in. The protagonist and their twin, make their way to the real world and find themselves inside of Kale’s room, or what remains of it at least. As they look at the world around them, they see a fiery hellscape everywhere they look. Similar to what they did in the book world. They fought through multiple hordes of enemies until they found Theseus. The twins then challenge Theseus in order to save the world. Once they got him in a weakened state, they used the remainder of the pages to kill Theseus once and for all.

Characters​

Unknown/Theseus (Theseus, Deo Tenebrarum et Creationem Intercedit): A person who has lost their memory and seeks out to regain it.

Blaze Xing: A young Elemental Dancer that studies at a mage academy to learn how elemental dancers use magic.

Esreia Von Aierse: The country's princess. Despite her being a princess, she hates living like royalty.

So she frequently sneaks out of the palace to practice her combat techniques, whilst enjoying the peace and quiet of nature.

Anna Mae:WIP

Langarus Solomond: A Noble Bard on the run.

Cheryl/Sharon Merchant: WIP

Numen: The Sage of Light. She’s a rather silent Sage that mostly uses gestures to communicate.
Though, her original name Numen, was lost to time. Now they call her Nu.

Aeternum: The Sage of Dark. Their a surprisingly young looking Sage that is VERY energetic and childish.

Ross: The Sage of Water. He is a rather frigid and cold hearted Sage. Although he can be clumsy at times, it seems like he can't ever do anything right.

Lustre: The Sage of Fire. They’re the most untrustworthy Sage out of the 6 of them. Despite them being the smartest of them all.

Ventus: The Sage of Wind. He is a monster that becomes human only when surrounded by nature. It seems that much is known about him.

Debilitis: The Sage of Electricity. A weak powerless Sage that tries hard to use stronger spells.

Reyn: Reyn Bowall. A Master of Light and Water. He uses these two elements to play tricks on others minds.

He decided to call this an illusion. Some believe that because of this ability, he makes himself seem younger than what he is.

Fynni Garner: Fynni Garner. A female student at Kenshi High.
She's always raring for a fight.

Mieyn Garner: Mieyn Garner. A shy male student that goes to Kenshi High. Despite attending there.

He doesn't like the concept of fighting. If instructed to, he will be cautious around his opponents.

Cannolezz Garner: Cannolezz Garner. He's a cousin through your mother's sister and a sibling through your father.

He's a skilled blacksmith. Given that he has always helped your father with the smith shop.

Esom D’han: It's \n[5], your over protective friendly pet dog. For some reason, when he enters a book world with you. He gains the ability to speak and stand on two legs. You‘re troubled as to why this is. It seems that he enjoys hugging people.

I'm honestly thinking about scraping this project. Should I?
It was going to have voice acting after its initial release which is never and a blacksmith/trade/foraging/fishing/ mining system

EntangledPear

Previously No Patience (now patient enough)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovak
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You know, to me it sounds like a story I could enjoy in a game. It also sounds quite ambitious and A LOT of work (especially if you're on your own and not a part of a team). Why are you considering scrapping it? Because of the ideas? Or are you worried about the implementation?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You know, to me it sounds like a story I could enjoy in a game. It also sounds quite ambitious and A LOT of work (especially if you're on your own and not a part of a team). Why are you considering scrapping it? Because of the ideas? Or are you worried about the implementation?
I was originally going to make just a demo so that the world can have a taste of my game, but that got a little too ambitious for me. Since, as you said, I am a on man team. I'm also doing custom UI/Artwork for the game. So yeah, I need a break. Additionally, I'm slowly losing inspiration/becoming unmotivated to finish this project.

EntangledPear

Previously No Patience (now patient enough)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovak
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh wow, a lot on your plate with also the artwork. But the way you planned it out, having it divided into parts, you could release the game in chapters, no? I have no idea what point you're at, but as they say, manageable chunks :LZSwink: Then you'd also see if people are interested and if it's worth it to continue. I'd say don't give up, but of course, you know what's best for you. Maybe do something else for a while and come back to it later with more energy.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_2.png added!
index.php

Important update for Leafko!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thesailing