Do you use interior doors?

Do you use interior doors in your houses/buildings?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I use another method to seperate rooms(Please post your method!)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Nephilium

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I had an event working for interior doors using the "!Door1" character. It worked perfectly how I wanted it too. After remapping and using a different tileset other than the base RTP (I bought all the FSM tileset) none of the FSM doors work the way I want them to compared to how the !Door1 base works.

Now I've come to the crossroads where the "!Door1" sprite works as intended, but looks horrible next to the FSM tileset. None of the FSM doors work for the interior door event, unless I think I'll have to alter the tileset to not have the door frame, etc.

So my question now is... how important are interior doors, really? Do they really help to separate rooms all that much? How many of you use them, or what's your method?

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It kinda depends on your worlds setting how important it is.

Fantasy settings will leave you more room to not have Doors except for 'n inn but theree having separate maps ffor the rooms is my preference anyway.

In a more modern settings however like my own game set in a Victorian /industrial age setting you can not not have interior Doors its just weird.

Best thing to do is edit it until it works xD

Thats my two cents anyway.

ItsAri

That one Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For me it depends on the type of door I'm using or the setting. Normally I just use a transfer event with a door sfx or any other sfx if it's not a door.

iCed

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a (humble) newbie, I personally use interior doors (for the moment, with the default tilesets - not so good I agree), as it can sometimes give a glimpse of what you should do, or would get, if you manage to go through.
In dungeons, it makes me create riddles where the player understands clearly what the goal is : to open this door and get the treasure/anything-you-want behind.
But it requires more complex event processing than the default "quick door" event, though, especially when there are non passable tiles in the way. I have to use a case by case transfer processing inside the map to make it more real.

Nephilium

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So, what I think I'll go with is using the doors from the FSM tileset without editing the original art, because honestly, I'm not 100% sure if I'm allowed to.

In any case, the door is now just a fixed image, with no animation. Not like my orginal door that opened, the character walks through and it shuts behind them. This one just stays a fixed image, and transfers the player to the other side(I'm a little annoyed by the actual quick fade in/out with the transfers, but, I think at some point I need to pick my battles, lol). I'm using a switch and a common event to save the characters Map, X, and Y to transfers the player back to the other side once they leave the said room.

Aesthetically, it's much more pleasing to look at. Having an interior door, and the art style matches. The animation isn't there unless I edit the artwork for transparency, but again my annoyance with the fade isn't that bad compared to having the artwork not match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Me Being Dumb spending hrs trying to figure out Irenas Visual Novel busts plugin..lol. I'm probably missing something stupid and obvious xDD

let the journey begin >w>
X.X ok... I guess I'll just have to think about 48x48 a little differently. Its not "room for more work"..."its room for more detail!...yay"
Alexa, play Buck-Tick - Dress
Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.
Right now, my free time is less when Covid 19 in my country.
Begin to reduce the number of daily infections to 0.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oleran