Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When you are walking on... lets say a tiled floor, do you find yourself trying not to step on certain tiles, not stepping on the lines? Avoiding cracks and lines on the street? Most of the time, I do it without noticing, I don't think it's any kind of OCD since it's more like a private game.
I wonder if other people does the same thing.

Aeonex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I used to do that a lot with the tiles.
And I always do the "don't step on the cracks" game while I'm walking! I think it's a think that a lot of people do, my friends say that they also do that.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't do it. I used to do it when I was a child, always walking around in patterns. Not in games though, but in real life.

Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I suppose a lot of kids do it. In my case it's not always, when I'm thinking I tend to look at the floor, and kind of shorten and adjust my steps to avoid stepping certain spots... not enough to make me look weird... I hope :kaoswt2:

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I do it too. Not always but sometimes.

Leaves, however, I always step on dried leaves.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep. Always have very specific patterns I walk depending on the tile size and the direction I'm walking on them.

cddeat03

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I can only walk on odd numbered steps with my right foot and even steps with my left.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used to do the "don't step on the cracks" game when younger. But what I do even more and it's kind of weirder is that I can often very accurately predict which of my feet will step over an upcoming crack/boundary several steps before I actually get there. I don't know how many other people experience the same. I had a friend at uni who experienced a similar thing, so I can't be the only one.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I always walk on every other tile at the mall. And at school, I avoid the pink tiles at all costs and only step on the green and white ones. On hardwood floors, I walk on only one row of wood which makes it sort of like a balancing act.

cddeat03

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I also like to try and have each foot step on the same number of colored tiles. Otherwise I feel uneven for the rest of the day.

Rocky_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes but only when I am in good mood in general.
I also tend to be influenced by any music which plays at the moment.
I always try to synchronize my steps to the beat in my headphones lol

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I use the tile pattern to straighten my walk, if I'm looking down.
also, I tend to try to step on the edge of any odd-looking tiles in case it's loose and would splash water up if the floor is wet.
sometimes I try to sync my gait to step past obstacles in one fluid move.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tend to walk along the wall opposite the doorway I'm approaching so I can peek in and get a feel for what's going on in there before zigzagging across at an 80° angle to walk through, no matter if I'm out in public or even in my own home. Some people may call that paranoia, I like to think of it as situational awareness instead

9gramsofpersonality

Metaphysicist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tend to like to step on cracks with my left foot and avoid cracks with my right foot :p I just hate the sensation of cracks under my right foot and stepping on them with my left foot lets me focus on said sensation on said left foot XD

Phoenixsylph

=w= just chillin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EVERYONE ALWAYS TELLS ME I WALK FUNNY. Like, my shoes point inward, EVER SINCE I WAS LITTLE. I can't fix it ;x;

But I don't think it matters what floor it's on..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charles2020