just a lil critter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i've searched the master list and can't find it if it does
should be self-explanatory: using pictures as choice options, instead of just text
any help or links i should check out? thanks in advance

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a lot of people have done this by events, not by script.
basically have a loop checking which button is pressed to change which picture is marked until the selection button is pressed.

it's more often called an "evented menu", although very few people go to the point of recreating an entire menu that way, most just display a few prepared pictures and cycle through them until the selection key is pressed.

VeeSheeb

just a lil critter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
a lot of people have done this by events, not by script.
basically have a loop checking which button is pressed to change which picture is marked until the selection button is pressed.

it's more often called an "evented menu", although very few people go to the point of recreating an entire menu that way, most just display a few prepared pictures and cycle through them until the selection key is pressed.
i see. i'll to experiment with that, in this case

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!
1670381555475.png
Meet the Kernel. You encounter him in cyberspace. He's important!
I released a test version of my game on itch.io. If anyone wants to check it out, here's the link (for now in Brazilian Portuguese only, sorry).

https://rafael-lobo.itch.io/insolita

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spiridonn