Does anybody knows how to zoom in and out only map, not character.

jetsada

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I try to make player character flying up by zooming the map out. The trick I found is only zoom the entire screen.

Does anyone know how to zoom only map while remaining the player scale (or may be some NPC)?

Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's difficult, it depends on how the zoom works, and may not be possible at all.

If the zoom works by using external functions (browser or windows) then nothing can be excluded from the zoom.
If you have a zoom script that takes a screenshot and recalculates that picture on the fly, then it might be possible to have that picture below a regular sprite.
Possible, but not easy.

EDIT:
what might be possible is to replace the player sprite with a large version of it (there is no limit on the sprite size), and then zoom out until the enlarged sprite zoomed looks like the regular size.
But that will cause problems with collision and map positions, which is why this will only work when flying.

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can zoom in/out of the screen, and at the same time, increase/decrease the scale of sprite/character/event.
I've done something like this before using MOG_CharacterMotion.js

jetsada

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's difficult, it depends on how the zoom works, and may not be possible at all.

If the zoom works by using external functions (browser or windows) then nothing can be excluded from the zoom.
If you have a zoom script that takes a screenshot and recalculates that picture on the fly, then it might be possible to have that picture below a regular sprite.
Possible, but not easy.

EDIT:
what might be possible is to replace the player sprite with a large version of it (there is no limit on the sprite size), and then zoom out until the enlarged sprite zoomed looks like the regular size.
But that will cause problems with collision and map positions, which is why this will only work when flying.

Thank you. I think i get some idea from yours.
1. Create map image layers in-between the tiles and player.
2. Scale down the map image to mimic zoom out.
3. Transfer player to new map.

Hope this idea works, but it will be a plenty of hardwork if I use this trick many times.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When I was in the hospital I did actually have a nurse that was funny, did all these extra nice things for me and said she liked me. So you know what that means. That will be the last time I'll hear from her.
Anyone here ever confronted a never-ending loading screen? Took me 3 hours to realize the problem was the font format :yswt:
Ah, the problems a noob runs into...
WOOHOO!! FIXED A MAJOR SHOP PROBLEM I HAD FOR MONTHS, WHAT A WAY TO END MY STAY-CATION!
44 viewers at the same time!! :p That must be a personal record! ;)

1643393895196.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TdublinB571