Does anyone know a good tool for making parallax maps?

Bridgeman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
So I wanna use parallax maps in my game, which means I have a plugin that reads pictures for the maps.

Anyway, as for actually making the maps... I want to use standard tile sets, but since I'm using parallax maps and pixel based movement, I don't want them to be on a "grid". So basically I'm looking for a tool that lets me import a tileset and select tiles just like RPG Maker, but instead of placing them on a grid I want to place them wherever. Right now I'm just using Photoshop, but it's kind of a pain and I'm wondering if there are better solutions.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
best way is to use Orange Mapshot. Make the ground into the editor (also some simple cliffs and paths)
that you can edit. after the screenshot is taken, open the file into photoshop, gimp or krita.

you can edit it there with whatever you want.
there is a couple of nice tutorial from fallen lorelei, so watch here video through the link.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)
FINALLY got my weather system implemented. Who needs a black mage when you have a weathermancer! :p
Oh boy! COVID19 lockdown again! Good thing I already never go outside! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lynnen