Does anyone know a good tool for making parallax maps?

Bridgeman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
So I wanna use parallax maps in my game, which means I have a plugin that reads pictures for the maps.

Anyway, as for actually making the maps... I want to use standard tile sets, but since I'm using parallax maps and pixel based movement, I don't want them to be on a "grid". So basically I'm looking for a tool that lets me import a tileset and select tiles just like RPG Maker, but instead of placing them on a grid I want to place them wherever. Right now I'm just using Photoshop, but it's kind of a pain and I'm wondering if there are better solutions.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
best way is to use Orange Mapshot. Make the ground into the editor (also some simple cliffs and paths)
that you can edit. after the screenshot is taken, open the file into photoshop, gimp or krita.

you can edit it there with whatever you want.
there is a couple of nice tutorial from fallen lorelei, so watch here video through the link.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm running a sale for Learn RPG Maker MV on Itch.io, can I compete with NSFW games earning goals?
Another Friday and another Zoom call that could have been an email. Working from home is awesome.
Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game
The Dark Toon art style is now available as Steam branches. (Both for the main game and the demo)
Battle.jpgCaptain.jpgCutsene.jpg
There are 2 versions. One only affects combat, cutscene, and portraits. The other one changes more.
So, technically, the game now has 7 versions on steam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacelloVerum