Does anyone know good tilesets I could use as placeholders? (MZ)

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Edit: This post needs to be moved to resource requests, my apologies.

I'm trying to keep away from the normal RPG Maker look with the creation of our game, and we got a really nice and poppy looking fantasy tileset as a placeholder, since we're currently focusing on character creation, but it only has inside and outside tiles, not too many at that. Is there any relatively large and consistent looking tileset batch somewhere that is distinct looking? I really only need it for placeholders so we can get the general map design down.

I'm using a modified version of the Endesga 64 palette.

If you'd be so inclined to look at it, you can see what the sort of colors I'm looking for in a placeholder tileset is, or maybe not. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer this, otherwise I'm just going to shop around itch and such.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If it really is nothing but a placeholder, why not use the default tiles? The only reason not to do so would be if your eventual tiles are differently sized so that you couldn't just drop in the new tile sets for instant substitution.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

the girls.png
So, these are all the girls of the party =3 (beside the protagonist if you play as a female.)
Now, I just have one more character sheet of the guys left and I'm done with their presentations =3
Can you recognize where this area is from? :kaocry:
Mq9QM3h.png
For those with up to 9 elements of magic; how do you structure your database. By element? Or by what is offensive vs supportive spells?
would anyone here be interested in rough concept art for the main protagonist of my game that might get changed later? :kaoswt2:
I guess I have no idea how to properly upload a custom font lmao. The menu fonts are too damn small.

Font_Size.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamechanger