Does anyone know how to solve the 'stepping' graphic issue?

howaboutno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay, so I've got 1 blank event, no graphics etc.

Then in another event, I use move route to change the graphic of the blank event to a character. But the character for some reason is always standing with their arm and leg back, I think it's the first panel of their walk cycle? Instead of you know...standing straight?

It's causing me issues in my game so I wanted to ask. And I've tried a lot of things, direction fix, stepping on, through on, I've tried setting the character to face down, etc. But nope, they always stay in that half walking pose...and it's really annoying.

If my explanation wasn't enough just let me know and I'll put some pictures/gifs in on what I mean.

Featherbrain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I've experienced this before in MV. Not sure what the cause or solution of this bug is, but a possible work around off the top of my head: you could try using a switch to activate a page 2 with the correct graphic in the event, instead of using the move route to change the graphic.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This thread has some explanation of what's going on as well as a couple of suggested workarounds:

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe this could be a work around.
I would have the blank event graphic start with the character graphic. But then require a switch to turn it on instead. Would that work for you?

howaboutno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You guys are correct, thank you so much for you help! Waking up to replies like this just feels so nice, all of you are the reason this community is so helpful.

I wish the change graphic in move route would just act like the image selector so you could pick the graphic you want. That would make cutscenes so much more easy! It feels like a bug too, sad to see it moved over to MV2.0 MZ.

I'll read over the thread caethyril linked. But I did find out something interesting, that instead of leaving it blank, all you have to do is put a character graphic in there, pick the standing straight pose (so I guess the event always knows to go to that by default???) and then put in a condition a switch or variable for that event, but NEVER activate it, so the event always appears blank. And from there you can change the graphic in move route in another event and you'll never experience that glitch again! xD Hope that offers some help to others in the future!

Much love to you all! ♥

Edit: After reading the thread, the bug seems to happen when you set the graphic to NONE, another solution is to just create a blank character sheet and use that instead of wasting a switch or variable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!
A skill type called: "Rumagic". The intention is Magic with Rum(that pirates drink)
Does it sound strange in English?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sosmax