Does anyone know if it's possible to altar the Full screen ++ Code slightly?

jjbones123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've been making a project in RPG Maker VX Ace. In my previous post, I asked for help regarding why the play test window would crash when I tried to play test the game i've been making in full screen. While I appreciate the help I was given, I was unable to solve my problem and so continued to use full screen ++ instead. (For some reason, full screen ++ is the only way for me to play the game in full screen...its weird).

However, I was wondering (if possible) I could change the script slightly? Now before any misunderstands/ accuses me of slightly changing the script and calling it my own, that is NOT my intention at all; I will still give credit where credit is due. I just wondered if it was possible to restrict the script more?

I'll try and explain what I mean; the script Full screen ++ allows you to set either 3 different resolutions (Not sure of the exact size, so lets just call them: a small, a medium and large) by pressing F6 and you're able to toggle full screen on or off by pressing F5, I would like to change the script so that you can only use F5 to toggle between displaying the game in full screen or displaying the game in windowed mode, but only in the medium resolution.

Am I making sense? I'm sorry, I don't know how best to word it. I know what i'm asking would require going into the Full screen ++ script and changing/removing parts of it. But I know very little about custom scripts and am not sure where I would even start altering the script. Can anyone help me?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You're more likely to get support for that under script support (since it is modifying an existing script), so I'll move you there.

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Edit: Can you post a link to the script you wish to modify? That will help anyone who attempts to take on this task a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The sizing works by essentially finding a ratio to scale each pixel by. Most screens will have 3 settings because the screen isn't big enough for another ratio. 

Disabling one key press should be easy, but I haven't looked at the script in ages now. 

jjbones123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You're more likely to get support for that under script support (since it is modifying an existing script), so I'll move you there.

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Edit: Can you post a link to the script you wish to modify? That will help anyone who attempts to take on this task a lot.
Thank you! I apologies for posting in the wrong section.

And here is a link to where I got the script form: http://pastebin.com/raw/kc1hzBek

jjbones123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The sizing works by essentially finding a ratio to scale each pixel by. Most screens will have 3 settings because the screen isn't big enough for another ratio. 

Disabling one key press should be easy, but I haven't looked at the script in ages now. 
Alright, i'll look into it, thanks.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This line should be commented out in the script:

toggle_ratio if Input.trigger?(Input::F6)

After this, open the Game.ini file found in your project's folder.

You will see these options there:

FullscreenRatio=0
WindowedRatio=1

Change the number for them and playtest your game. The numbers can be 0, 1 and 2, I guess. 

No idea which one is the one you are after, but once you get it, you are good to go. 

Just make sure to set both of these options to the same number!

jjbones123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This line should be commented out in the script:

toggle_ratio if Input.trigger?(Input::F6)

After this, open the Game.ini file found in your project's folder.

You will see these options there:

FullscreenRatio=0
WindowedRatio=1

Change the number for them and playtest your game. The numbers can be 0, 1 and 2, I guess. 

No idea which one is the one you are after, but once you get it, you are good to go. 

Just make sure to set both of these options to the same number!
I think I follow...except for the commenting out part. How do I do that? Sorry, i'm not very savvy when it comes to scripts...

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ohh, just put a # sign at the start of the line, so it looks like this:

#toggle_ratio if Input.trigger?(Input::F6)

Or move the typing cursor to that line and hit CTRL + Q, that will do the same.

The line will turn green, that means it won't be a part of the actual code.

jjbones123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you! This worked perfectly. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3
Now listen closely... Here's a little lesson in trickery, This is going down in history...
So the four of my friends are singing a song and I'm like... ohoho I don't know this song. Better act like I do!
A boss that spams confuse, blind, silence, oil and slow on all party members? Good idea FF12 *headdesk*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
califert