NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any audio program that utilizes chiptunes should be able to make snes style music

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Someone in this webpage reccomended Renoise

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried Beepbox. It's meant for 8-bit, but I think it allows 16-bit as well.

Kaylie

Enraged Meditator
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's your set up? You planning to produce music from like say just a laptop or you have your own rig set up with midi keyboard and stuff?
If you are on the go most of the time and don't plan on making extremely complex pieces you can go with boscaceoil or use a full music producing software otherwise. I use FL Studios

Gabbypie64

Aster World Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My PC is old so

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Moving this to Useful Development Tools.

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi.

If you have an iPhone you are in luck because I just bought a software that you would love. It's a synth called SquareSynth2 and I also have the original in my iPad. The original is more simple but also more limited. Apparently you can use SquareSynth2 with Garageband by using Audio Unit V3 or additional audio bus software for rerouting your sound to garageband, but the most convinient solution is to connect your phone to PC and record everything as a sound clips inside a DAW program.

From where we get to the next topic. You can create chiptune songs inside the Square Synth and export them. This is the easiest way to do and simple enough for anyone. However when you get to the next level, you need to get DAW software for your PC or MAC. I personally use FL Studio, but there are also free alternatives like Reaper which can be evaluated for a certain time. I also would use windows as a platform because there are lots of great Vst plugins made for it that can be acquired and used freely.

Anyone who wants to do chiptune music, this is your first stop: https://woolyss.com/

"Does anyone know the name of Of that program that makes actual snes music"

If there is one, I'm very interested. Unfortunately only possible way to actually produce "actual" snes music is by the hardware itself. Everything else is an emulated solution which tries to mimic the sounds of the Snes. Also nes and snes has a modular chip which can be programmed and thus, all the games might have a little bit different sounds for their music. They can also have samples, which means that they have unique sound clips recorded during the preproduction, thus they are copyrighted and cannot be used.

I also recommend you to check the Soundfonts. https://woolyss.com/chipmusic-soundfonts.php

They are most convinient way to create music and try different solutions and era's for your midi track. Be aware that you need to be sure which soundfonts can be used commercially, because they might include these copyrighted samples.

Remember to have fun composers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trading has been halted on the TSX (Canadian stock market) because of "technical issues". Suspicious... I'm bracing myself for a sea of red tomorrow lol
The Loco-Motion song pre-dates the dance. Meaning the lyrics are kinda misleading. "Everybody's doing a brand new dance now"... No they weren't, you just used peer pressure to trick everyone into going along with it.
Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chungagunga