Does anyone remember John Wizard Games?

Larry Jones

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Did anybody play their games? I really liked them, I just played Dawn’s Light & its sequels and Christmas spin offs really but thought they were great...funny, good puzzles etc. Seems they suddenly shut down a couple years back and deleted their archive of games so you can’t get them any more.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I played Our Love Will Grow and Our Love Will Grow 2, also liked it, but as I know he left game developing, maybe that's why he deleted the games.... that's kinda sad.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yes, I really enjoyed them as well. Stargazer and the Lilly & Sasha games are probably my favourites. They also had a hand in the development of Aveyond 4, which I also loved.

I own several (most of?) the ones that are on Steam. Sad to see some of those aren't available anymore. Their puzzles were a lot of fun and I loved their writing, not only for the PCs, but also the NPCs.

kimo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can find old John Wizard games for sale as well as some other "older" developer's games on aldorlea.org. People who use that site are typically very supportive and helpful for current releases by Indinera, but I do not know what happens with these older games. I plan on finding out soon.

EDIT:
Sorry, but I found out that while Aldorlea does list it on their site as available for sale and you can even put it in a shopping cart, the BMTmicro billing company does not allow its sale anymore as John Wizard Games went out of business 2 years ago according to an email I got back from BMTmicro.

Last edited:

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Their games looked good in some aspects. Some people were very critical of them but they had good jokes and a nice idea going for them. (The Dawn Light series anyway). I can't comment on the others but I'm guessing it would be similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

YAY!!! My third help Guide STEAM integration in MV (High performance) has been posted!

Both the polls for the 3rd Original Character Contest ended with 5th place ties! So let's break those ties. Vote now for your favorite of the ones tied!

werewolf and his friends added!!

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)
rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kloonoa