Does Mac version work on MacOS Big Sur?

cdavida

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am thinking of upgrading my Macs to Big Sur and wanted to know if the Mac version of RPG Maker MZ will run on this operating system. I tried to search and was unable to find any information on this. If not, will it be updated soon to be compatible? Any info will be appreciated.

SoundsByDane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same question too. I guess you and I are the 1% of people who uses RPG Maker on MacOS XD

I purchased the M1 MacBook Pro (Apple Silicon laptop) which comes with MacOS Big Sur and RPG Maker MZ works fine. So it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: It's a little buggy though. Not sure if that has anything to do with MacOS or RPG Maker MZ having bugs itself.

wilpuri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems to be very hard to get help on mac. And Mac updates are even scarier than windows updates.

Have you got ot to stop asking permission for documents? I have given full disk access, but it just keeps asking. I am using MV, but I think it’s more mac thing than RPG Maker thing.

SoundsByDane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems to be very hard to get help on mac. And Mac updates are even scarier than windows updates.

Have you got ot to stop asking permission for documents? I have given full disk access, but it just keeps asking. I am using MV, but I think it’s more mac thing than RPG Maker thing.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Click the lock to make changes > Enter Password > + > Choose RPG Maker MV from Applications

While you're at it, do the same thing for Accessibility just to be safe.

wilpuri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have done that in security & privacy, but thanks for the accessibility tip, I’ll try that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emmala