Does Mac version work on MacOS Big Sur?

cdavida

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am thinking of upgrading my Macs to Big Sur and wanted to know if the Mac version of RPG Maker MZ will run on this operating system. I tried to search and was unable to find any information on this. If not, will it be updated soon to be compatible? Any info will be appreciated.

SoundsByDane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same question too. I guess you and I are the 1% of people who uses RPG Maker on MacOS XD

I purchased the M1 MacBook Pro (Apple Silicon laptop) which comes with MacOS Big Sur and RPG Maker MZ works fine. So it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: It's a little buggy though. Not sure if that has anything to do with MacOS or RPG Maker MZ having bugs itself.

wilpuri

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems to be very hard to get help on mac. And Mac updates are even scarier than windows updates.

Have you got ot to stop asking permission for documents? I have given full disk access, but it just keeps asking. I am using MV, but I think it’s more mac thing than RPG Maker thing.

SoundsByDane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems to be very hard to get help on mac. And Mac updates are even scarier than windows updates.

Have you got ot to stop asking permission for documents? I have given full disk access, but it just keeps asking. I am using MV, but I think it’s more mac thing than RPG Maker thing.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Click the lock to make changes > Enter Password > + > Choose RPG Maker MV from Applications

While you're at it, do the same thing for Accessibility just to be safe.

wilpuri

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have done that in security & privacy, but thanks for the accessibility tip, I’ll try that.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.
Finally I bought OMORI...cant wait to get traumatised!!!
Finished making this pretty ambitious forest map. Was wondering what y'all think of it! :kaopride:
1656136876015.png
All this anger everywhere,Who's happy but me?
Seems to be all the people that don't follow Jesus wholeheartedly. My smile might burn you ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jereDev