Hopelessdecoy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I mean is like can I add buttons to the eventing system? The database? Or is it like it was in VXA with only things like note tagging.

I mostly program in C/C++ and I am unsure what this term means. I would definitely put time into JavaScript if it meant I could add things to the engine it self. If not could someone give me an explanation of this meaning? Thank you.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You seem to be confusing the engine and the editor itself.

The game engine consists of all files in the "js" and "js/libs" folders of your game and you are free to edit them (although i would advise to use plugins for this). The editor itself creates the files in the "data" folder (and "js/plugins.js"), which contain your database, maps, etc and you're not allowed to change it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In previous makers, we could not access the Sprite class, the Tileset class, the Window class, etc. So while we could customize how the game looked and felt, there were limits.

In MV, all of those classes are open to us to see and change as we wish. We can change ANYTHING about the games we make.

However, this is changing the GAMES, not the EDITOR. The code of the editor has never been available to us to change, and that still stands for MV.

It sure would be nice to be able to add our own event command buttons, our own quick events, our own extra parameters in the database tabs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hopelessdecoy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok thank you for clearing things up for me! When I hear the word plugin and no hidden classes I think adding to the Editor and source code, idk why but it just clicked that way in my head.

I definitely vote for an editor plugin system though :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
basicgraphics