Does 'player touch' trigger if player is transfered?

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
elaborate?
are you transferring before or after player touch?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no - and why would you need that anyway?

Player touch only triggers when the player moves on or tries to move on the event, not on transfer or teleport.

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's because the first page is autorun, so I'm trying to transfer the player just before then, which then I was hoping would trigger the next page which would change the sprite (as before the transfer I set transparency on, so the sprite would appear to change).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that sounds as if you're doing several things completely wrong.

For example in any form of cutscene (and all autoruns are effectively cutscenes) it is VERY important that there is only ONE controlling event containing all commands.
ANY try to split up commands between different events is almost guaranteed to cause problems either directly or later in the bughunt.

So the commands you want to trigger have to be in the event that issues the transfer command if on the same map, and if going to a different map then you should start a new cutscene there with a new autorun, but NEVER count on a sequence of commands split over several events.

If you can't redesign yyour cutscene to not need an automated player touch, then post screenshots of that cutscenes controlling events and we'll help you.

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you want to change an event's sprite and transfer the player at the same time, use the "Change Image" command in "Set Movement Route" to do the former.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredflol